real time web analytics
Report - - Mixed Birmingham 05-2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mixed Birmingham 05-2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Mixed Birmingham sites visited with old skool, all these sites have recently appeared on this forum so i feel they don't all deserve a post each so i have added some of the my favorite images from each of the explores, personally we haven't done anything in Birmingham so we felt a trip to the midlands was in order and we weren't disappointed, so i'm sure a another visit won't be too far away. the first of the explores was the St Edward's school for boys which was has great character and some beautiful old features which include all the old storage cupboards and some old suitcases and furniture, the school closed in 1996 and it's future in unclear. Next on the list was Warwickshire Orthopedic Hospital which was a fluke explore, right next to St Edward's turned out to be a bit of a fluke when a nice old gentlemen pointed us in the right direction and said there is a hospital over there with the beds Etc still in there, i'm pretty sure that parts are still live but what is left is not by any means massive but well worth a visit if only to see the oldest wheel chair i have seen that looks more like a pram and something from a horror film. the rest of the hospital is typical with it's lonely chair and the odd photo of someone long forgotten. Third and finally was the Lallians Flour Mill which i found amazing but old skool by this point was knackered after a 3am start and zero sleep seemed a to be on his last legs but he soldiered on, what is unclear is was this a flour mill or brewery first i'm guessing a brewery going off other reports, the building is very similar to the Royal Oak brewery in stockport. the site is trashed and stripped out but still i got to love an old industrial site. all in all a good day with three different explores done..

St Edward's School for boys
hama.jpg

hamb.jpg
hamc.jpg

hamd.jpg

hame.jpg
hamf.jpg

hamg.jpg

hamh.jpg
hami.jpg

hamj.jpg

hamk.jpg