real time web analytics
Report - - Mixed Potteries Stoke On Trent 04-2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mixed Potteries Stoke On Trent 04-2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Mixed Potteries visited with old skool, after spend the day visiting various potteries instead of doing a report on them individually i think its best to just do some images of the best ones. we visited quite a few some i wont be getting posted as there is little to report on others have been recently worked on and under conservation work.
The first is the Enson Pottery Longton, opened some time in the 1830's, using 4 bottle kilns on two storey buildings and by the 1850's were part of a much larger site. production ceased some time around 1992 and is under a renervation scheme, there is little left of the original site most of the buildings have been cleared, some moulds are left but i guess they wont be around long.

Enson Pottery
ena.jpg

enb.jpg
enc.jpg

end.jpg

ene.jpg

enf.jpg
eng.jpg

enh.jpg

eni.jpg

enj.jpg
enk.jpg

enl.jpg

enm.jpg

Bournes Bank, built around 1900. however the kilns left are circa 1937 and are believed to be the last of the downdraft ovens and again not much else is on site other than these, saying that they are well worth visiting if your doing a stoke pottery tour.

enn.jpg

eno.jpg

enp.jpg
enq.jpg

enr.jpg

ens.jpg

ent.jpg
enu.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details