real time web analytics
Mobile Phone Mast - North Warks (Nuneaton) | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Mobile Phone Mast - North Warks (Nuneaton)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DFGExploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, Dan from Delta Foxtrot Golf Exploration here.

I don't know if this seems like an odd thread, but here goes. There's some mobile phone masts near a road that I noticed some time ago while driving on the back way home from work. The facility is based on Monks Park Lane near Birchley Heath near Nuneaton, adjacent to coordinates 52.553474, -1.569060 The compound has two rather large masts and a collection of small buildings right next to the road. There is also another mobile phone mast not far away as you follow the road southwest of this location on Glebe Farm and a compound on the opposite side of the road almost adjacent to the Ridge Lane junction, which as buildings a raised up area and what appears to have vents and possibly owned by the local water company.

I don't know if I'm over thinking this, there's nothing on the Subterranea Britannica website, but my Spidey Senses are tingling a bit, and I cannot get access to any of the compounds without climbing over fences, which looks treacherous at best, especially as there appears to be barbed wire at the top of the fences. The masts appear to be currently used at normal mobile phone masts, but there's microwave dishes on one of the masts. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light if these were used for the ROTOR project as there are similar masts near the Kelvedon Hatch Nuclear Bunker and Hack Green Bunker.

Thanks in advance,
Dan from Delta Foxtrot Golf Exploration.

tigger

mog
Regular User
Looks like mainly FM antennas with a point to point link of some sort. You could try looking on the Ofcom Spectrum Information Portal (the worst implemented 'information' system known to Mogkind) to see what is licensed on the site. Also check the signage on the site for ownership.
Used for ROTOR - no

Your covered reservoir predates cell towers and ROTOR. Atherstone Rural District waterworks once upon a time. I know SARCOMM have a VHF tx there.

The cell phone mast at the back of the farm is probably Vodafone

Last edited:

DFGExploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks Tigger for the info.

The information I have been able to come across also suggesting the cell tower on Glebe Farm is in use by Vodafone. The masts in the main compound appear to be used by the other O2, Three and EE, plus the Airwaves network that the police and emergency services use.

Cheers for the link to the other thread, Olkka