Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - MOD Longtown shutting down 2014 | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - MOD Longtown shutting down 2014

i11matic1795

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This looks like it could be interesting enough, I know I'm probably jumping the gun a little with their being a year before it closes, and with everyone disagreeing on its closure it may not happen, but I'm relatively excited about it to be honest, anyone else from around the area going to be having a look next year?
I'm hopefully gonna have a bit more exploring experience by then!

News & Star | News | Ministry of Defence to close Cumbrian munitions depot two years early

Cheers,

Paddy!

Ordnance

It may be closing as an ammunition depot next year, but it will take another 12+ months to decommission it.

CAD Bramley closed in the 70's but due to contamination most of the explosives site is still in MoD hands as a training area.

i11matic1795

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It may be closing as an ammunition depot next year, but it will take another 12+ months to decommission it.

CAD Bramley closed in the 70's but due to contamination most of the explosives site is still in MoD hands as a training area.
Oh balls haha, well perhaps in a few years then, still a decent future site I guess, just more future than I'd hoped.