real time web analytics
Report - - Molins Cigarette Making Machine Factory, Princes Risborough - July 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Molins Cigarette Making Machine Factory, Princes Risborough - July 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

spiralstatics

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Molins are a leading cigarette making machine manufacturer who built machines to manufacture and package cigarettes.

The site was originally developed for weapons manufacture during World War II but in 1950 Molins built their factory on the site, they owned and operated here from 1950 until 2008.

In 2005 the site was subdivided and let out as offices and for light industry accommodation but in 2007 one of the major tenants left the site and it subsequently went up for sale.

In 2008 the site was purchased by German internet data center company "e-Shelter" and planning permission was given for them to build a data center on the site. The data center was later deemed to be unnecessary and never went ahead.

2009 brought the demolition of the main factory, leaving two buildings standing today, totaling 2,500 meters square.

The site is now owned by English Residential Land Partnership, purchasing the site in 2014 for 7 million. There are now talks of the site being redeveloped but the residents in the area refused the plans for the 212 houses that were proposed.

There is now a skate park built inside the larger building that remains- I couldn't find any history of this being professionally built or purpose built, despite the park being incredibly well constructed and covered in Vans and Salad Days logos.

The Explore

Now for the best bit!

This was my first proper explore having been to a few more places before this with no luck with access, I went with my boyfriend who has been Urbexing for ages and has recently given me incentive to actually go out and explore.

The main reason of us going to explore this site was to see the skate park inside and actually skate in there.

We arrived at around 4pm and the sky was quite cloudy which made for some really pretty external pictures! Access appeared to be easy at first but upon further exploring, the place is absolutely covered in anti-climb/vandal paint! We accessed both buildings that are left standing and also explored most of the open land left from the demolished buildings.

Having read a previous report of squatters living in one of the buildings I was apprehensive at first to not disturb anyone but we didn't come across anyone other than two other explorers sat on the roof, looking out over the view.

First we explored the main part of the building, which was pretty much empty apart from the pretty busted up BMX park inside, there was smashed glass everywhere from the glass roof above.

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 23 06 pm.jpg
Photo 14-07-2019, 4 24 30 pm.jpg

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 31 03 pm.jpg

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 31 42 pm.jpg

The outside of the building is all boarded up- the main bulk of the building has the skate park inside. My favourite feature is definitely the tower on top!

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 13 22 pm.jpg

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 19 45 pm.jpg

Inside the main building, there is a ladder up into the roof of the building across some metal grating.

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 43 54 pm.jpg

The actual purpose-built skate park was a dream come true, though also covered in glass and cement, it only took an hour to sweep so it was finally able to be skated in again!

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 46 23 pm.jpg
Photo 14-07-2019, 7 02 13 pm.jpg

The second building which I believe used to be offices, this building was much more modern but considerably more trashed than the previous.

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 26 29 pm.jpg

Photo 14-07-2019, 6 24 42 pm.jpg

Photo 14-07-2019, 6 24 55 pm.jpg

Photo 14-07-2019, 6 27 03 pm.jpg
Photo 14-07-2019, 6 25 59 pm.jpg

There is a lot of land on the site too which we didn't fully cover because we had been exploring for around 5 hours and were both getting tired.

Photo 14-07-2019, 4 27 00 pm.jpg
Photo 14-07-2019, 4 34 11 pm.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

spiralstatics

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just heard from a friend who explored here today, the office building has a sealed off room upstairs which the squatters are still inhabiting- they will not bother you if you don’t bother them but i heavily advise to not try to enter the room, they have knives and a gun.

spiralstatics

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I checked this place out last week and saw the sealed off room. Decided to not even try it

by the sounds of it that was a very good decision! We noticed it was sealed from the inside with hefty screws so decided to not go much further with it because we assumed they must’ve been in there

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
You made it look better than I did! I couldn’t get into the other skatepark which you seemed too. I shot it from an upstairs hatch. The squatters are nice and friendly enough. They were very hospitable; don’t intrude but I wouldn’t say they are as bad as posted above

spiralstatics

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You made it look better than I did! I couldn’t get into the other skatepark which you seemed too. I shot it from an upstairs hatch. The squatters are nice and friendly enough. They were very hospitable; don’t intrude but I wouldn’t say they are as bad as posted above

Thank you! We spent absolutely ages trying to find a way into the other skatepark, if you look hard enough there’s always a way!

We didn’t encounter the squatters but from what my friend said- they’re okay until you try and get into their space, that’s when they won’t be very happy

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Thank you! We spent absolutely ages trying to find a way into the other skatepark, if you look hard enough there’s always a way!

We didn’t encounter the squatters but from what my friend said- they’re okay until you try and get into their space, that’s when they won’t be very happy

They invited me in! And let me photograph it. I don’t think they’re as armed as your friend says.... just two young lads.

spiralstatics

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They invited me in! And let me photograph it. I don’t think they’re as armed as your friend says.... just two young lads.

ah okay then! i just wanted to relay the message because i didn’t encounter them personally so wanted to express some caution for those who may bump into them.. sounds like they’re actually alright dudes then!

Fido Dido's Cousin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah I didn't expect to find the 'Ball Room' on here, but I should have really considering it is inside an abandoned building...

I was meant to go on a skate trip to this place, but they organized it too early for me to book annual leave with work. Gutting as it looks like a good setup and it's nice to have something indoors to skate that isn't neccesarily a 'skate park'.

A rather interesting looking place as well!

spiralstatics

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah I didn't expect to find the 'Ball Room' on here, but I should have really considering it is inside an abandoned building...

I was meant to go on a skate trip to this place, but they organized it too early for me to book annual leave with work. Gutting as it looks like a good setup and it's nice to have something indoors to skate that isn't neccesarily a 'skate park'.

A rather interesting looking place as well!
It’s a very cool place to just have a look around even if you’re not going to skate it! The rest of the buildings are pretty cool!

definitely get yourself down there for a skate if you can though! The guys who made it have an Instagram page which is really cool too!

Who has read this thread (Total: 252) View details