real time web analytics
Report - - Monkton Farleigh Districts 19/20, Wilts. - Jan. '12 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Monkton Farleigh Districts 19/20, Wilts. - Jan. '12

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Raptor Jesus

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Since moving to Kent I've not done a huge deal of exploring; other unwelcome things that life throws up had often got in the way, like a chronic rectal beehive. Or something. So naturally, when Mr Maniac of the Kent Branch brought word of a Wiltshire trip with the possibility of seeing one of the finest underground delights in the area, I accepted.

We unceremoniously piled into the Maniacmobile with Dukes Maniac, Wevsky and Frosty an hour later than planned (but of course) and made camp in hotel Westwood (a four-star establishment) before redeploying to Palais Browns (travel by rail), hangovers included.

Visted with a small number of a much larger group trip, thanks to everyone there! There's too many to list here and I'd be scared of forgetting someone.

I suspect history has been covered innumerable times before, so have a link that should relieve your narrative woes, and absolve me of any responsibility to make an effort:

Monkton Farleigh Mine

On with some pics:

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

Thanks again to everyone there for making it a brilliant weekend! Was also good to meet some of the folks from Manchester before they had to dash. :thumb

Special props to Maniac for making sure we didn't all starve.

Thanks for stopping by,

RJ