real time web analytics
Report - - Montenegro -Yugoslav navy ship bunker (2012) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Montenegro -Yugoslav navy ship bunker (2012)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

benkar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Chasing the facts about foreign facilities is always difficult, especially around a country and armed forces (Yugoslavia JNA -Yugoslav National Army, including the navy and air force) that no longer exists.

But, Yugoslavia had just as Sweden a long coastline to defend, except coastal artillery, there was obviously a coastal fleet. In addition to four large frigates, they had a number of submarines, and a fairly large number of other smaller ships, torpedo boats, patrol boats, etc., etc..

These were partly stationed at six major naval bases, but beyond that there were along the coast, a large number of "boat bunkers" which might be interpreted as a protected residence and refueling points for ships. (21 places I think), and in addition to a number of open air bunkering locations.

Recent years I have visited some of these "boat bunkers," but this one was more advanced than the others I've been at, including four powerful power supply, can probably be because this facility was near one of the larger permanent naval bases, I dont know...

And since this visit was before the tourist season, the place was completely empty, during the tourist season, it seems quite often be smaller ships anchored in such tunnels.

Was anyway a nice visit, even though the weather was terrible, so we rounded off the day and went to the guest house and drank beer and Slivovitz instead.. :D

/B

More and larger images HERE!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg