This factory was quite stripped out with a few extensions demolished, but was still nice for a wander. The building was originally constructed as a shoe fatory in the early 1900's. It was later taken over by Montfort (Knitting Mills) Ltd. In more recent years it became Threads Clothing Co. An application to turn the grade 2 listed building into yet more student flats was refused, during that year it was gutted by fire. The burnt out shell of the building still stands there to this day, think they are currently working on turning it into student flats!