real time web analytics
Report - - Moorgreen Hospital Southampton - August 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Moorgreen Hospital Southampton - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mffp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Moorgreen is a small, 78 bed, community hospital in Southampton. Opened in 1848 as a workhouse, the site became a Public Assistance Institution in the 1930s, before being taken over by the NHS in 1948. Most of the site remains active, with one large and a couple of smaller buildings along the front edge of the site, although we only explored the main building. Several wards of the hospital have closed in recent years, between 2005 and 2011, although I couldn't say which were within the main building. The site was recently in the news due to an apparent teenage 'fight club' taking place within the buildings (http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/133...spital_that_is_now_home_to_teen__fight_club_/)
The main building is several buildings melded into one dark and confusing mess of corridors; the building as a whole is fairly nondescript with only a few interesting features; a lovely relaxed Sunday morning explore.
Pictures are slightly crappy because I still haven't quite got the hang of using a GoPro patiently, so struggle with lighting and focus sometimes, and this is my first report in a while!

Welcome
GOPR0367.JPG

Coughs and sneezes - some lovely NHS features left, even if it is just pandemic flu warnings
GOPR0359.JPG

Some of the rooms are reasonably intact. A surprising lack of wiring theft throughout the site.
GOPR0351.JPG

GOPR0420.JPG

Whereas some of the site is really quite forlorn.
GOPR0360.JPG

GOPR0347.JPG

Some thought-provoking graffiti.
GOPR0373.JPG

Would you like some peely paint for lunch?
GOPR0393.JPG

The top floor archive rooms had glorious wooden floors and other original Victorian features
GOPR0397.JPG

GOPR0400.JPG

Fantastically unevenly worn original stone stairs
GOPR0399.JPG

And a nice crisp copy of the Daily Sketch from October 1956.
GOPR0369.JPG

Not the best explore, but also far from the worst. And oddly enough, no fighting teenagers.

NursePayne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This building looks great on the outside but the inside looks like a different site its really terrible.

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one mate, not seen this before :thumb I like the peeling paint room also, cool find.

Southampton Old Lady

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have to attend the nearby clinic and Barratt Homes have put CCTV cameras around now. They are seeking permission to change it into luxury homes with a games field (bowling or boules). Despite this there is still evidence of people going through the back windows. Shall do an update when I work out howl

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Looks like a good explore... The pics are good but reckon they would look so much better if they weren't all fisheyey, not saying they're shit or anything but would just look better if they were 'normal', well i think so anyway. Thanks for posting.

Vonkrauts

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'd love to explore this place. Mix of memories of family being there for one thing and another. Thanks for sharing