Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Morpeth shelter Demolished on Safty Grounds | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Morpeth shelter Demolished on Safty Grounds

pickle1984

28DL Resident Pickle
28DL Full Member
I seen this on my Twitter feed and mistakenly thought it was about Morpeth Dock in Birkenhead, I thought people on here may be interested. Shame another piece of our history is gone.

A PIECE of Morpeth’s history has been knocked down because of safety reasons.

A few of the properties in St Mary’s Field, next to the Storey Park Community Centre, have air raid shelters attached to the side wall.

One of the structures was in an unsound condition – a gap between one of the ends and the wall was continuing to grow – so action has been taken.

A spokesman for Isos Housing, which owns many of the properties in St Mary’s Field, said: “The decision was taken to demolish the shelter, both for the safety of our residents and for the public in general, since it was adjacent to a public footpath.â€￾
Taken from: Shelter demolished on safety grounds - Local News - Morpeth Herald