Web
Analytics
Report - - Mossley Manor Care Home July 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mossley Manor Care Home July 2019

Emma8831

Joint account for myself and my partner
28DL Full Member
Originally named Elmswood House, a Tudor Gothic style manor house built in the 1850s and was extended in 1878 for a cotton merchant named Nicholas Duckworth. In the 1940s the house became a maternity and womans home for the Salvation Army and then a care home from around this time. In the care homes later years it was owned by two brothers and due to their unhygienic and unsafe practises within the building, the care home was closed by inspectors as a result of this.

When we visited, people had been in and vandolised parts of it, but on a whole it was a great explore for one of our first.
IMG-20191118-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191118-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20191118-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20191118-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20191118-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20191118-WA0006.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Some nice features here, I bet those doors were great and the stairs look spinal like, panelled walls, all great features. Always good to see updates. Nice one, doing well Emma:thumb

Emma8831

28DL Full Member
Some nice features here, I bet those doors were great and the stairs look spinal like, panelled walls, all great features. Always good to see updates. Nice one, doing well Emma:thumb
Thank you :thumb i have finally found a hobbie that i absolutly adore doing! Cant wait to find more amazing places to explore

Calamity Jane

Regular User
It is very addictive lol. I've loved it for years. Im a nosey parker, love being where I shouldn't. But I also love social history, and finding out about our history. Plus I love the research. Its a big hobby granted. But so satisfying and gets you exercising lol . Plus the right frame of the most awful thing can look stunning. Fab hobby

Emma8831

28DL Full Member
It is very addictive lol. I've loved it for years. Im a nosey parker, love being where I shouldn't. But I also love social history, and finding out about our history. Plus I love the research. Its a big hobby granted. But so satisfying and gets you exercising lol . Plus the right frame of the most awful thing can look stunning. Fab hobby
How are you getting on with your 3 day trip?

Calamity Jane

Regular User
How are you getting on with your 3 day trip?
Slowly lol. I had 1 success out of 3 yesterday before I lost the light to cross brambles & holes. The only down side in winter. Im starting later today as Im hitting some more local ones if poss. Cant wait til spring, gonna travel to Midlands or Wales and stay up there for a mooch. Then hopefully hit EU for a small tour in May :)

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you :thumb i have finally found a hobbie that i absolutly adore doing! Cant wait to find more amazing places to explore
Me and a friend went few months back and as we're leaving to climb over a minor wall to main road at front a man who lives in the Manor type houses with the long drive came across us doing nothing wrong but he didn't see it like that and called cops lol but we gone before they arrived even though we were there to explore and document that's it

Rachyt

Beauty isn’t always perfection
28DL Full Member
Decent report, went here earlier this year it’s even more trashed than it was then some of upstairs was a total death trap the kitchens were quite creepy