Web
Analytics
Report - - Mossley Manor Care Home, Liverpool - Nov 21 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mossley Manor Care Home, Liverpool - Nov 21

JC Explores UK

28DL Member
28DL Member
Abandoned care home. Mossley Manor Care Home, Liverpool.
This was my first explore and will be my first post on here so please be nice lol.
These eerie photos show the abandoned inside of a shockingly-run care home where unwell pensioners lived in "dangerous" conditions - some left more than a month without a bath or shower.
Mossley Manor Care Home, in Mossley Hill, where "betrayed" disabled or dementia-suffering patients stayed, was forced to close after a string of failures were uncovered in 2015.

Stunned inspectors discovered some staff members with criminal convictions were working unchecked and two millionaire brothers, who owned the home, failed to immediately inform watchdog the Care Quality Commission (CQC) about the deaths of 10 residents.
Emergency powers were used to shut down the £1,000-a-month, 43-room home after inspectors found residents left to lie in their own urine in rooms, dubbed “prison cells” by an upset employee. I am looking for explores around the Manchester area but still getting used to this site. Enjoy the photos and happy exploring.

Attachments

Irnbru79

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very interesting, thanks. I love the stained glass window. The main facade outside is really elegant, would have been a lovely building once! Do you know what it's use was before it was a care home? Or any more history on it?

JC Explores UK

28DL Member
28DL Member
Very interesting, thanks. I love the stained glass window. The main facade outside is really elegant, would have been a lovely building once! Do you know what it's use was before it was a care home? Or any more history on it?
Originally called 'Elmswood House', this Tudor Gothic style manor house was built in the 1850’s and consists of 3.8 acres. It was extended in 1878 for a cotton merchant, Nicholas Duckworth.

In 1940 it became a maternity and women’s home for the Salvation Army, ‘Elmswood Women's Social Services Centre’ from January 1940.

It changed use in 1970 into a children’s home.

Some time after that it changed use for the last time as a nursing home owned by two millionaire brothers, becoming Mossley Manor Care Home. It was forced to close in 2015 due to awful conditions and failings in care standards.

JC Explores UK

28DL Member
28DL Member
Good to see an update on the place. It's one hell of a state now.
It sure is!! Looking at older explores you can really see a huge difference as nature is claiming back it land!

unfortunately a lot of the damage has also been caused by vandals.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always good to see those stairs and windows. But my god that's getting wrecked. Well done on 1st report & big welcome to the world of posting. Happy exploring :thumb

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That's looking a bit poorly. Never got here when I was over this way last. Well done on getting your first report up...

FunctionDisruption

Fly
28DL Full Member
A sad story with a sad ending. Good report, the images were very interesting. This may be strange, but I found myself drawn to the piano. Did you press a few keys out of curiosity? I one time saw a run down piano (although not nearly as bad as that one) only to be surprised that against all odds it still worked.