Web
Analytics
Report - - Mossley Manor - Jan 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mossley Manor - Jan 2019

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
This care home made national news for all the wrong reasons, The owners were pure evil. They also own Katie's house.
This is the saddest explore we have been on the neglect the tenants must have suffered is untrue,
We didn't know the back story before we visited. Before it was a care home it was built as a maternity hospital then converted into an orphanage.

History

Originally called 'Elmswood House', this Tudor Gothic style manor house was built in the 1850s and consists of 3.8 acres. It was extended in 1878 for a cotton merchant, Nicholas Duckworth.
In 1940 it became a maternity and women’s home for the Salvation Army, ‘Elmswood Women's Social Services Centre’ from January 1940. The salvation would take unwedded girls in to have their babies, they wouldn't leave with them, reading accounts on the internet there are people who paid £50 for a baby from the center.
It changed use in 1970 into a children’s home.
Sometime after that, it changed the use for the last time as a nursing home owned by two millionaire brothers, becoming Mossley Manor Care Home. It was forced to close in 2015 due to awful conditions and failings in care standards. It made national news for all the wrong reasons.

Video

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

CureForPain

Definitely not a Cylon
28DL Full Member
Nice! I didn't think this would still be accessible to be honest, the neighbours seemed to be getting fed up back in September and I figured it'd soon be secured.

I think there's a fox den in the back garden, did you spot any of em?

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
Been off here a while sorry about the dupes thank you for letting me know,

Nobody seems to care about this place, 2 men have stripped the basement and ground floor and was working on the upper two levels to nick the metal, they were making such a noise we could hear from the main road, when we questioned them, they had been at it months they said, the electricity was still live also !
Phoned the police and they didn't even care :O