real time web analytics
Most expensive thing you've lost on an explore? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Most expensive thing you've lost on an explore?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
A subject that's popped up a few times in the small communities I'm a member of on Facebook but not something I think has been addressed.

Have you ever lost something on an explore or rather whats the most expensive thing you've misplaced when out and about? (Queue torch in the ballpit at Camelot)

For me, I seem to have lost a branded 18650 battery and an official Nikon battery when walking around Heyrod power station. I guess they must have fallen out of my bag at some point whilst I was swapping lenses :(

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A subject that's popped up a few times in the small communities I'm a member of on Facebook but not something I think has been addressed.

Have you ever lost something on an explore or rather whats the most expensive thing you've misplaced when out and about? (Queue torch in the ballpit at Camelot)

For me, I seem to have lost a branded 18650 battery and an official Nikon battery when walking around Heyrod power station. I guess they must have fallen out of my bag at some point whilst I was swapping lenses :(
luckily i have only lost a lens cap upto now !

Funlester

The Fun One
28DL Full Member
I lost a 24 quid Velbon ex-marcro tripod on Sunday at High Royds and I only got it delivered on Friday, proper gutted :(
I didnt clip it on the side of my bag properly, I didnt hear it fall and did go back for a quick look but couldnt find it.

New one being delivered tomorrow.

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I thought I lost my mini tripod last week only to find it on Saturday! :/

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
not lost anything but did 700 quids worth of damage to my camera and fucked a £300 lens last month, funniest thing is i got quoted £738 for the reapairs-can buy a brand new body for £500 :confused::confused:

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Luckily only small things so far. Did lose a lens hood which ended up costing £40 for a new one... For a piece of plastic.

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Dropped my old 50mm f/1.2 down some stairs in France a few years ago and the insurance cost for repair was almost as much as a replacement.