real time web analytics
Report - - Mote Park Mine, Maidstone, Kent - July 2017 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mote Park Mine, Maidstone, Kent - July 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always wondered what it was like down there, Ive seen a few photos and old reports. But always thought it is really sketchy there. Saying that, I walked the turret wall around Cliff Fort around 40 ft up in the wind lol. Good photos and report :thumb

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always wondered what it was like down there, Ive seen a few photos and old reports. But always thought it is really sketchy there. Saying that, I walked the turret wall around Cliff Fort around 40 ft up in the wind lol. Good photos and report :thumb
I wouldn't have thought Kentish rag is very stable - it isn't a solid seam but occurs in bands from a few inches to a couple of feet thick, sandwiched with layers of a soft sandy material called hassock.

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
I've not been recently to check but pretty sure it's been locked again. There's a thread somewhere that comes up on Google that gives you the TQ references.

And you are right @DaveFM . Far from stable indeed but not as bad as some may say. Just need to take it slowly.

TheCJGCJG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Checked recently (3 days ago) and the entrance is one again sealed up, with an iron door, but the iron bars seem to be gone, and it's now just a very heavy duty padlock.

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Checked recently (3 days ago) and the entrance is one again sealed up, with an iron door, but the iron bars seem to be gone, and it's now just a very heavy duty padlock.

Yeah someone I know who works for the fire brigade said they had a call to check for people inside by the council (they refused) so obviously people weren't being that subtle about it. Doubt it will stay sealed up for long.

Luke shepherd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pop down and have a look,discussing methods of causing criminal damage on a public viewed forum is not really clever.
Who said anything about causing criminal damage? I'm an explorer not a vandal. Fyi it was a crowbar. But don't worry nothing was broken or damaged and I put back everything before I left just as it was.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Who said anything about causing criminal damage? I'm an explorer not a vandal. Fyi it was a crowbar. But don't worry nothing was broken or damaged and I put back everything before I left just as it was.
Going for the world record on late replies ? crowbars uyou say,either way you wouldn't want to be caught carrying that about on your way to an explore now would you,and if you have visited why not pop some pics up on the forum,you know as people do .

Luke shepherd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Going for the world record on late replies ? crowbars uyou say,either way you wouldn't want to be caught carrying that about on your way to an explore now would you,and if you have visited why not pop some pics up on the forum,you know as people do .
[/QUOTE
Some of us work for a living. I only open this site when I want to research. If you get caught then that's bad planning. You need more research in to the area you choose to explore.

Luke shepherd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
[/QUOTE
Some of us work for a living. I only open this site when I want to research. If you get caught then that's bad planning. You need more research in to the area you choose to explore.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
So you only open this site when you want to research something,so you are a lurker then ,not giving anything back by reporting your finds, and planning to use a crowbar that you have already asked about on a public forums not very bright is it..Stillo hope you have some good footage for whatever platform you do share you images or dare i say it videos on

Who has read this thread (Total: 269) View details