real time web analytics
Report - - Mote Park Mine, Maidstone, Kent - Oct 2014 - Jan 2015 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mote Park Mine, Maidstone, Kent - Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Doozer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Some great pics there, I used to play down these caves as a kid, I still go down there from time to time, there are two other blocked entrances in the park which lead to more mines but unfortunately these are completely inaccessible, here's the manhole cover of another entrance and below it you can see it's clearly been back filled and bricked up which is a shame,
image.jpg
image.jpg

stevefossilin

28DL Member
28DL Member
I have been looking for these tunnels since my father told me about them when I was very young. I have found the blocked entrances but not the only one which is accessible. Would you be able to give any info on it?

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Urban Exploration..its not a tourist information board,and the OP is hardly likely to put an X marks the spot on a public forum and if im a mongo then i really don't think i have the words for what you are..Go take a walk

Doozer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Even if you was to find the entrance then you'd do well to get in as it's sealed with a heavily padlocked Steel door with a steel grill in front of it, they done it as it's too unstable now so I wouldn't recommend going in there either, especially if you've never done this type of thing either

Ryan explores

Banned
Banned
Even if you was to find the entrance then you'd do well to get in as it's sealed with a heavily padlocked Steel door with a steel grill in front of it, they done it as it's too unstable now so I wouldn't recommend going in there either, especially if you've never done this type of thing either

Thanks i may still try
Ive been to an abandoned hospital before andthat was quite cool

Ryan explores

Banned
Banned
Urban Exploration..its not a tourist information board,and the OP is hardly likely to put an X marks the spot on a public forum and if im a mongo then i really don't think i have the words for what you are..Go take a walk
Im not asking for an "X marks the spot"
Im just wanting a rough area as i have said moat park is huge
I could look for over 24 hours in the wrong place and not have enen covered half of it

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Im guessing,well i know the guy whose report this is didn't have a rough location and went and searched ..Im just saying go have a scout around..

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Im not asking for an "X marks the spot"
Im just wanting a rough area as i have said moat park is huge
I could look for over 24 hours in the wrong place and not have enen covered half of it

That is utter bollocks mate!! I dont know the area well at all and had never stepped foot in the park before. Marked the logical locations where there could be asn entrance and spent about 5 hours in the pissing rain before I found it. If you could spend 24 hours in one park and not find anything then you need a different hobby!