real time web analytics
Report - - Motherload and the near death experience | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Motherload and the near death experience

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, understandable. I don't really like exploring alone, and think there is more safety in numbers, 3 is ideal for me really.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Yes, understandable. I don't really like exploring alone, and think there is more safety in numbers, 3 is ideal for me really.

Definitely for something like this. Even then I still let another explorer who knows where we are/the situation of the drain well know we should be out by x time. Failsafe/overkill it's essential for these.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Definitely. It crossed my mind in one drain in manchester that while I knew the outfall was not blocked, there were only two of us, noone really knew where we were, and we got a whiff of hydrogen sulphide and stupidly ploughed through it with no measuring or protective equipment. All was ok as there was a good air supply in the drain, and we were nearing the outfall, but I was always more cautious after that and you are dead right having a plan b and c and is always better, especially in these tidal systems, or ones designed to handle huge amounts of stormwater.

Who has read this thread (Total: 364) View details