real time web analytics
Report - - Mount St Mary's Church Leeds July 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mount St Mary's Church Leeds July 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
This is officially the first Church I've ever explored and I was so impressed with it.
Everything about the architecture, the sheer size of the place and the decay was a sight to behold.
The Church has been closed nearly 30 years. Alot of scaffolding round the building to help keep the roof up I assume, trying to save such a beautiful building.

Brief history on the place from Wikipedia.
Mount St Mary's Church or the Church of the Immaculate Virgin Mary is a Grade II* listed building and a redundant Roman Catholicchurch in Leeds. It was founded in 1851 and designed by Joseph Hansom, with extensions by Edward Pugin. It is next to Mount St Mary's Catholic High School, Leeds.[1]

DSC01084.JPG

DSC01065.JPG

DSC01055.JPG

DSC01060.JPG

DSC01062.JPG

DSC01072.JPG

DSC01077.JPG

DSC01071.JPG

DSC01080.JPG

DSC01070.JPG

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
So impressive, so much to photography. Those status`es are amazing. Glad its listed. Nicely done.:cool:

Novice Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did you gain access through the school? I've tried all around the perimeter and found it quite hard to find! I really want to see this before work commences! Apparently it's getting turned into 2/3 bed houses/flats

Who has read this thread (Total: 240) View details