Web
Analytics
Report - - Mountfield House, Musbury, Axminster, Devon 18/02/17 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mountfield House, Musbury, Axminster, Devon 18/02/17

Styru

Admin
Regular User
Built in 1865 Mountfield house has seen better days. In its latter days it was divided into 4 dwellings, with the main section of the lower floor occupied by Dr Drummond-Rees - and clearly she was a bit of a collector/hoarder.

Part of the house goes up for auction next week - with a guide-price of just £95,000.

Visited with @The Queen

DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0284.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0303.JPG

DSC_0311.JPG

DSC_0312.JPG

DSC_0318.JPG

DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0336.JPG

DSC_0352.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0359.JPG

DSC_0363.JPG

DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0432.JPG

DSC_0460.JPG

IMG_9413_pp.jpg

The Land Registry plan of the section up for auction.

This belonged to the property developer, and his mate Dave, that we met (well I say met - we heard them coming - so I said 'hi' - and the developer nearly had a heart attack!)

As an aside - the power is still on in the main part of the house - as I found when I tried a random light-switch - and it has some VERY dodgy floors...

Last edited:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
That bathroom is certainly an interesting colour..Nice stuff mate the old motors look interesting

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Great looking place, shame it's so far away for a mooch myself.

Deredoer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I knew the lady, she used to buy stuff from me over twenty years ago. She would buy almost anything if it was cheap. I often thought her house would be full up and there it is,full up.
Thanks for the post.

Tread carefully guys.
Deredoer.

T

The Queen

I knew the lady, she used to buy stuff from me over twenty years ago. She would buy almost anything if it was cheap. I often thought her house would be full up and there it is,full up.
Thanks for the post.

Tread carefully guys.
Deredoer.

We loved all the the stuffs! A lot of it still had price stickers on. It seems she loved cats, and oriental dogs. Cheers :)

Styru

Admin
Regular User
Amazing thing is, I posted this barely half an hour ago - and already have heard from 2 people that used to have the late Doctor as their landlord, one person that used to live in the house, and a person who sold her a lot of the stuff that the house is overflowing with - small world...

T

The Queen

Excellent work @Styru and @The Queen , it's nice when a lead quickly becomes a report.

It's not as bad as I expected in there tbh.
There is so much stuff left in there- I wish I had my tripod and a fifty with me to get details of all the things. I hope someone does before it's sold next week (hint hint) ;)

Styru

Admin
Regular User
This one made me laugh - in the basement - floor above supported by a steel joist that is resting on asbestos sheet packing ...
DSC_0433_pp.jpg

T

The Queen

I think the fact the house is surrounded by, and overlooked by lived in properties in an active village has saved it from too much vandalism, tbf. You have to walk past an occupied house in the drive just to get to it. "smile and look like you're meant to be there" ;)