real time web analytics
Report - - Mundesley tb Hospital. Mundesley, NORFOLK. August 2013 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mundesley tb Hospital. Mundesley, NORFOLK. August 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Visited here on a nice sunny afternoon with zyge and annonamouseexplorer and my little explorer daughter.

We rolled up, got our cameras ready and spotted the white pick up truck that never seams to move.

I knew when we visited here that it was more photogenic on the outside than on the inside from previous reports. But hey ho, we walked around and found our entry point. And yep inside is still in mint condition with just empty room after empty room. So we wandered about and then decided to move on else where. Once out we decided to stop for a few more externals.

History:
An early purpose-built TB sanatorium in England opened in 1899 and provides a rare surviving example of a timber framed prefabricated hospital building. Originally there were also a number of moveable wooden huts in the grounds, looking rather like summerhouses on wheels, in which patients could spend all day (and all night if deemed necessary) in the fresh air without facing into the wind. In 1910, Dr Claude Lillingstone introduced the practice of artificial pneumothorax as a treatment for tuberculosis, having undergone the treatment himself in Norway where he had first fallen ill.

Mundesley Hospital was refurbished in 1997 and was the Diana Princess of Wales Treatment Centre for Drug and Alcohol Problems. But that soon shut and it is now for sale for offer in region of £875k

IMG_5208_zps4cbbc42c.jpg

IMG_5204_zps22c8e8ba.jpg

IMG_5197_zps7abf0be5.jpg

IMG_5194_zpsaa3b2a48.jpg

IMG_5195_zps299359b9.jpg

IMG_5168_zpsb4cca892.jpg

IMG_5159_zpse66d5e39.jpg

IMG_5147_zps553b6af8.jpg

IMG_5144_zps5287f9ab.jpg

Danny_boy

28DL Member
28DL Member
This looks like a cool place to check out. I did my first bit of proper exploring today @ pickleman's cottage and I'm hooked!

STALKER

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just a heads up. Visited this todday and it's now a building site.
Very very secure with scaffolding all up the front with on site seca

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
When we went in early summer, We spoke to the Bloke in charge, and they were happy for us to walk about, as long as we did not get in the way.

T

The Queen

Just a heads up. Visited this todday and it's now a building site.
Very very secure with scaffolding all up the front with on site seca

About time they did some work on the old girl, she was in need of love when I first visited her a few years ago :thumb