real time web analytics
Report - - Murray Royal Hospital, Perth - August 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Murray Royal Hospital, Perth - August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The hospital was founded by James Murray, a labourer who inherited a fortune in 1809 when his half-brother drowned in a storm which sank the ship carrying him home from India. It was in his own will that James Murray left two thirds of his estate for purpose of establishing an asylum in Perth. He stipulated verbally that the patients from the parishes that he had lived in, namely Perth, Dunbarney and Rhynd would be received at charitable rates, and that his brother John, and his heirs would be, when possible, represented on the management of the Asylum. He died in 1814.

I was unable to gain accesse to the main building due to the entrance being blocked off and me not wanting to break in so we got into a section through a gap in the fence and found a building damaged by vandlas. This is my First attempt at the phatography side of this so any tips would be appreciated.

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

daleboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one, shame you never got the main block. I mind exploring this building when it was intact. That was the night we hit the mortuary too!

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one, shame you never got the main block. I mind exploring this building when it was intact. That was the night we hit the mortuary too!
Nice. But probably for the best we didn't get in as the floor we where on was rotting and collapsing. Mortuary sounds cool. what building is that in?

daleboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Literally the first one to be demo'd. We were in within a week or two of it closing. What a fright we got when the fridge was still switched on and the log book showed it had been used just a week or two before.

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Literally the first one to be demo'd. We were in within a week or two of it closing. What a fright we got when the fridge was still switched on and the log book showed it had been used just a week or two before.
Haha sounds Awsome shame it was demolished.

Who has read this thread (Total: 170) View details