Web
Analytics
MUST SEE SPOTS in herts/surrounding | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

MUST SEE SPOTS in herts/surrounding

MGee

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey guys

I'm new to this site after finding it online, trying to find the bunker near East Lane Cemetery, in Leavesden. Im posting to get advice on other spots to checkout

Ive noticed there isnt a "search" feature on this site to search for good spots in hertfordshire. When i found posts RE herts, the spots were demolished. Can you please comment your favourite spots to checkout in Hertfordshire/surrounding areas. Willing to travel further if the spot is worth it.

Looking forward to see what you guys got

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not really how it works around here im afraid people wont just hand out locations.
There is a search function top right, try county, town or village names in there & see what comes up.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Read these, Dont ask for locations.

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
I echo the above. Asking outright for locations doesn’t go down too well as both @Bikin Glynn and @Lord Oort have already mentioned, especially as a newbie with only this post to your name.

The search box is a great resource, and if everything you search for is demolished, it just means you need to do a bit of leg work and research yourself.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yup. Exploring means searcing for things. Loads of resources at your disposal. If you find things that no one else has explored already that is one of the best things...

nb43800

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are also other websites that show locations but on here you shouldn't ask. Google is your best hope.

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is a water tower at Hoo Wood in Great Gaddseden, think thats all sealed up now, there is a culvert in the town centre at Hemel which is worth a look (just check the water levels and forecast if heading down there on your own), The Gasholders were pretty decent when they were standing near the town, don't think too much left in Herts but I've been out the loop for a good few years.

East Lane i didn't see a bunker, i a saw and undeground reservoir which is like a bunker, its a walk up from the cemetary, there's a few pillbox's there as well, just to have to get out and about and be nosey!!

Oh RAF cheddington/marsworth is only up the road in tring, not sure what state its in now one of the big hangars has collapsed, they still got a few bunkers and oval pillbox and its an ok jaunt on a sunny day, got ammo store as well i think still.

Best bet is probably to get on a train or drive to London and get on a few decent rooftops, not sure if the underground reservoir is accessible any more. If you dont mind a drive or train trip you could head to shoreham and then go to the beach afterwards, if you like cement factories and it did look cool from some reports on here.

Also cranes are also fun :)

Just need to speak to people and mingle make friends! If see people making the effort and not far away people will help you out eventually, youll have to get a few reports up by yourself though first, thats what i mean making the effort, even if its not an amazing killer report as long as its half interesting and people see you making the effort and getting out there things will just happen.

I was lucky back in the day got to go out with a few of the grumps :D :D

Last edited:

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
PS Luton has some cracking Deep Lever shelters!
Remember to take your high vis and cones, amazing how official you then look lifting up those manhole covers in public ;)