real time web analytics
My first adventure (Bradgate house stables Leicester Dec 2020) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

My first adventure (Bradgate house stables Leicester Dec 2020)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Satan_Seeker666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So it’s my first time joining a group and I only really decided to start exploring more after finding some places while geocaching!

I wanted to find somewhere in Leicester so started looking online and found this group. I saw someone talking about this place so I did some research, battled with google maps, jumped on a bus and here we are!

Must admit it was an easy find but I definitely took the more painful route be warned lots of stingers! The main way up is a lot easier but risky as the property is on private land. Not really anyone around though! Such a beautiful place and I could have stayed there all day if it wasn’t so cold!

So anywayz this is bradgate house stables located not far from the A50 in Markfield. Bradgate House was demolished in 1926 but its beautiful stable block still stands today. It was built on a lavish scale and cost around £30,000 for the Seventh Earl of Stamford when he was made Master of Quorn Hunt in 1856. A Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England survey was done in 1992 and over the years several ideas have been put forward to rescue the building, but so far nothing has proved viable. None the less the build is still beautiful and worth the venture

Check out some of my Favourite shots!

Last edited:

chills

Queller of the uprising
There’s no pictures showing on this. You may need to press ‘insert all’ within the image viewer.

To make this a stellar report, you need to include a few more things.

• A month and year of the explore in the title including a rough location.
• A little history of the site in the body of the report.
• And of course, the pictures!

Also, this needs to be put in the correct section/category on the site rather than in the general photo thread unless you feel you don’t have enough pictures or detail to make it a report.

Have a read of this guide to help you posting a report for next time:

Satan_Seeker666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you for your assistance! I feel a douche for not knowing what I’m doing but I have an idea and I’ve read the guide now! So hopefully it’s better!
#noobloser

chills

Queller of the uprising
As Ojay said, all sorted now. Thank you for taking on the advice and correcting it. You’ve got some lovely shots, and for a first report, not a bad start!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always nice to see this place. Its got some stunning architecture. Really good 1st report, followed format, good personal & factual history along with some great shots. Nice showcase. Welcome to 28DL. :thumb

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Nice set of photos, well done.

I remember us being charged by some killer cows here a few years back.

Who has read this thread (Total: 219) View details