real time web analytics
Report - - My School Trip, Maine USA August 2008 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - My School Trip, Maine USA August 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CaptainJack

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Every year I attend a week long job related school. Some of the classes were pretty interesting others crushingly dull. The good thing is it’s located in an area where there are a decent number of smaller abandonments located a short distance from the school campus. Before class, during lunch and after school I drove in a mostly aimless fashion to see what was around. I ended up visiting a couple of abandoned factories, a closed High School, and the remnants of 2 small state hospital campuses. Some of these places I knew a little about beforehand but most were just the results of driving around and keeping my eyes open. Here are some of those pictures.

An old bakery factory that produced Enterman’s products. Although I’m sure in the day it was perfectly clean and pristine, the image of those filthy, mucky bakery machines will probably spring to mind whenever I see an Enterman’s display.

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

The next day just around the corner from the bakery was an abandoned High School. Built in 1939 its been closed for about 10 years. I let myself in and wandered around for about an hour. Then I heard some people come in and decided it was time to split.
DSCN0644.jpg

There where some tasteless 70’s revisions, mostly limited to cutting down on the number of windows, but mostly the original trim and finish was intact.
DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0588.jpg

highschoolwindow-1.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0615.jpg

The Central Sanitorium had at one time been a tuberculosis hospital and later a mental hospital. I hear d it was rehabbed for other uses but figured I would check it out. The cool old buildings where now used for low income housing and group homes. However next door was an abandoned nursing home. Not the cool old decay I hoped for but worth a couple of shots anyway.
DunRovin

nursinghomeoutside-1.jpg

Fun with electricity
nursinghomealarm-1.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

Close quarters
nursinghomesmallroom-1.jpg

nursinghomebrokentoilets-1.jpg

nursinghomenursecall-1.jpg

nursinghomehall-1.jpg

nursinghomewhirlpooltub-1.jpg

22. Witches hat