real time web analytics
Question - - Mystery vent at Iver | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Mystery vent at Iver

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

frinkemon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I found this whilst out hiking with the kids around Iver, West of London.

Latitude: 51° 31’ 14.16” N
Longitude: 0° 30’ 0.528” W

Anybody know what it is? The louvered vents were around 1/2 inch thick steel..

Attachments

• iverairvent - 1.jpg
    iverairvent - 1.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 51

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Could it be vents for the culverted section of Colne Brook?

Looking at your coordinates the pin you’ve dropped is very close to it and seems to be right above where it would be under the M25.

Wiki says-

“The Colne Brook flows close by to the west until West Drayton then passes under the M25 motorway”

I’m purely guessing based on looking at google maps like. Could be the SSR for all
I know.

frinkemon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Looking at your coordinates the pin you’ve dropped is very close to it and seems to be right above where it would be under the M25.

Wiki says-

“The Colne Brook flows close by to the west until West Drayton then passes under the M25 motorway”

I’m purely guessing based on looking at google maps like. Could be the SSR for all
I know.

No it isn't the underground section of the brook, the brook is literally right next to it.

frinkemon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Wiki says-

I know.

Nope, the brook is right next to the vents. This isn't the underground section and yeah, it's next to the M25 bridge.

admin

Administrator
Admin
rather than add links, just use the attach files (radio button bottom left of editor) than add 'full image' once uploaded

It's just a work around and the previous options are temporarily out of action until we get the process sorted

frinkemon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Ahh there it is! If you look at the other picture, there are actually two vents there. They have access covers on the top.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
As it's near the treatment works, I'd say it's a vented man access shaft to the outfall sewer possibly..

Without looking further into this, which I have no immediate inclination to do so, I'm struggling to come up with A.N Other sensible answer.

That type of vented hard standing feature is usually associated with 'other' utilities. Maybe do a bit more research as to what else runs below ground in the vicinity, it's all part of the game :thumb

frinkemon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As it's near the treatment works, I'd say it's a vented man access shaft to the outfall sewer possibly..

Without looking further into this, which I have no immediate inclination to do so, I'm struggling to come up with A.N Other sensible answer.

That type of vented hard standing feature is usually associated with 'other' utilities. Maybe do a bit more research as to what else runs below ground in the vicinity, it's all part of the game :thumb

Yeah, I'm going to pop over in a week or so with a camera on a cable with some lighting and see if I can poke it through the venting to have a look inside.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
If it's outfall sewer, it will have a distinct fragrance, "eau de fresh", I've tried bottling it :rolleyes: