Web
Analytics
Question - - Myth or reality | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Myth or reality

Urbex2p

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok so here goes has anyone been inside the tunnels under Luton arches Chatham I think they are a myth but there is so much about them on line that there is something in the back of my head niggling away is there a tunnel or not someone please shed some light on this pleeeeeeese

Shaun

28DL Empty Member
28DL Full Member
If there is no reports on here no clue you never no it could be another Neville Street

Shaun

28DL Empty Member
28DL Full Member
I swear there is an underground street/tunnel complex rumour/tale for literally every town in the UK
I think there are spirt lines going in between each underground tunnels you have to use your spirt box and underground solar powered lamps to see them

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
A little bit of information for you, I'll let you do the research as I'm not too interested in it to be fair. I had to look though out of pure curiosity, to be fair some of it does sniff like pure bullshit, other parts do from the little I've seen around sound about right though.

https://www.historicmedway.co.uk/chatham/strange.htm

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threa...ton-arches-tunnels-the-journey-so-far.115954/

May be more of interest to you though, there is an air raid shelter in Luton that looks rather nice... http://www.forever-changes.com/luton shelters/2/luton shelter no2.htm

Urbex2p

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A little bit of information for you, I'll let you do the research as I'm not too interested in it to be fair. I had to look though out of pure curiosity, to be fair some of it does sniff like pure bullshit, other parts do from the little I've seen around sound about right though.

https://www.historicmedway.co.uk/chatham/strange.htm

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threa...ton-arches-tunnels-the-journey-so-far.115954/

May be more of interest to you though, there is an air raid shelter in Luton that looks rather nice... http://www.forever-changes.com/luton shelters/2/luton shelter no2.htm
Thanks for your interest in my comment I have been looking for these tunnels for ages and only got dead ends to show for it I have already seen the two articles in your link thanks anyway .
Enough said now I am almost certain these tunnels do not exist strange stories of soldiers found dead in there and all sorts of other crap no photos and no body has seen them on here I rest my case

Bikin Glynn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Often rumours start somewhere. There was always rumours of "secret underground tunnels" under Northampton town centre.
I went to a talk recently by an archaeologist & retired professor who has extensively researched this (& been down just about every hole this side of Calcutta) Turns out all thats there is a lot of old cellars! Some of these however are where premises no longer stand (directly under market square) & a lot of them do link to each other making a kind of small tunnel network.
He told us an amusing story about being let in one cellar & coming up in a shop across the road much to the alarm of the staff who had no idea they even had a cellar!
Anyway I guess Im saying dont ever rule it out there may be something there.

Urbex2p

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Often rumours start somewhere. There was always rumours of "secret underground tunnels" under Northampton town centre.
I went to a talk recently by an archaeologist & retired professor who has extensively researched this (& been down just about every hole this side of Calcutta) Turns out all thats there is a lot of old cellars! Some of these however are where premises no longer stand (directly under market square) & a lot of them do link to each other making a kind of small tunnel network.
He told us an amusing story about being let in one cellar & coming up in a shop across the road much to the alarm of the staff who had no idea they even had a cellar!
Anyway I guess Im saying dont ever rule it out there may be something there.
Just makes me wonder there are so many stories about the tunnels (my mate said) (a bloke that lives down the road from my grandpa) blar blar blar you know how these stories go but on 28 days there are a few people that have looked for them and I have spent a few days looking in two hour shifts climbing up fences over bill boards behind every bush and bugger all except one hole that could be a badger or a fat arsed rabbit so think I can say with confidence there are no enterances to tunnels there on Chatham hill there are plenty of other tunnels around Chatham but not there so that’s a different story

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks for your interest in my comment I have been looking for these tunnels for ages and only got dead ends to show for it I have already seen the two articles in your link thanks anyway .
Enough said now I am almost certain these tunnels do not exist strange stories of soldiers found dead in there and all sorts of other crap no photos and no body has seen them on here I rest my case
Yeah totally mate, that's what I was meaning when I was talking of reading pure bullshit, I mean dead soldiers, miles of MoD owned tunnels... Come on, really?! I really don't get why people make up these stupid stories.

I've not visited the place and all this is fairly new to me but I do believe that the large bricked tunnel would have been for trams looking at it, that's the most likely story I've read and we know it exists, so something is lurking for sure. Just nothing massively epic.

Urbex2p

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Think this is the shelter
Thanks for your interest and bothering to post a vid but I think these tunnels are in Luton Bedfordshire I am looking for the tunnels in Luton Kent a small town round the back of Chatham
Please keep this thread going and we will all have a wonderful discovery if this turns out to be true thanks again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dannypanic Leads, Rumours and News... 22