real time web analytics
Report - - N-A-T-O Quarry, Paris Suburbs | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - N-A-T-O Quarry, Paris Suburbs

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with OT, Tucker, Urban Junky, Rug and Teknicien.

A former stone quarry which had been converted to a huge vehicle stores and bunker by N.A.T.O in the 1950's.

We had been here once before, but it was a flying visit and I was thirsty for more time to explore it in more depth.

There was actually lots left, if one took the time to look. Behind every nook and cranny there was period 1960's american rubbish... bud cans, coke bottles, comics, peach cans. I was lucky enough to find a hoard of bakalite bowls and cups too, each embossed "US" on the base, along with the date, all dating from the early 1960's.

We stopped around the various tanks and military vehicles in there for port, cigars, cheese, cold meats, honey wine and chocolate. Some other cataphiles joined us briefley, before disappearing into another section of the quarry... This was one of my favorite explores of the week, mainly as we were joined by our good friends Rug and Technician....

nato1of21.jpg

nato10of21.jpg

nato11of21.jpg

nato12of21.jpg

nato13of21.jpg

nato14of21.jpg

nato15of21.jpg

nato16of21.jpg

nato17of21.jpg

nato18of21.jpg

nato19of21.jpg

nato2of21.jpg

Note the colour of my hand here after the rummaging. It looks like I have a leather glove on!
nato20of21.jpg

nato21of21.jpg

nato3of21.jpg

nato4of21.jpg

nato5of21.jpg

nato6of21.jpg

nato7of21.jpg

nato8of21.jpg