real time web analytics
Question - - NANPANTAN UNDERGROUND RESERVOIR | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - NANPANTAN UNDERGROUND RESERVOIR

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kubota

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows of anything to do with an underground reservoir just outside of Nanpantan, Loughborough?
I can't for the life of me remember where I heard this but as you go up the hill heading away from Loughborough, there is definitely some kind of abandoned structure on the right hand side consisting of an earth mound with manhole lids.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
On Nanpantan Road? The right hand side is all houses isn’t it? There’s an underground one next to the open air one on the left at the end of the drive just past the scouts. It was still full last time I looked (May last year, maybe). If you mean somewhere else, pm me and I’ll have a look.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I can't see anything but a couple of fields. Nothing that looks flat enough for a reservoir. Also it would be unusual for it to not be fenced off, even if abandoned.

Kubota

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not up there now, are you?
Past the fields, it becomes a wooded area between the road and the quarry. Dead opposite, On the left hand side of the road is a small abandoned brick building. Nothing in it but a chamber in the floor full of water.

Kubota

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• DSC_1025.JPG
    DSC_1025.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_1023.JPG
    DSC_1023.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_1024.JPG