Web
Analytics
Report - - Narrowdale Farm, Alstonefield, Staffordshire - June 2019 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Narrowdale Farm, Alstonefield, Staffordshire - June 2019

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The two huge farmhouses at the side of Narrowdale Hill in the picturesque Staffordshire Moorlands have apparently been empty for nearly 50 years after a 'family fallout' in the 1970's.
According to the Stoke Sentinel, the estate of William Bold (who died in 2016) hope to reinstate the grade II listed houses as homes, after Mr Bold purchased the property in 1970.

Due to the size of the houses and story surrounding the abandonment I had it in my head that they would be packed with stuff and be immaculate time capsules, which didn't turn out to be the case. But you win some, you lose some.

The pictures were taken during a couple of visits, one of which found the houses sealed and the second of which found much of the machinery gone from the farm squares - possibly cleared for forthcoming renovation of the properties?

The first thing that greets you is a series 3 (I think) Land Rover.

Narrowdale Farm, Alstonefield - 13th March (3)~2.jpg

And the first large 'double' farmhouse

Narrowdale Farm, Alstonefield - 13th March (3).jpeg

Finding an open access point I was in

IMG_20190611_132838~3.jpg

The TV was bloody massive, must've cost a fortune in the 70's

IMG_20190611_131453~2.jpg

What appeared to be another sitting room

IMG_20190611_132126~3.jpg

IMG_20190611_132420.jpg

IMG_20190611_130029~2.jpg

And upstairs, which was disappointingly even more sparce, but with nice natural 50 year rot

IMG_20190611_125908~2.jpg

IMG_20190611_125745~2.jpg

IMG_20190611_130534~3.jpg

The attic floor has collapsed into an upstairs room

IMG_20190611_130310~2.jpg

Back outside now and a quick look at the second house. I saw a potential access point, but it was smashing it down and I didn't fancy a climb ;)

Narrowdale Farm, Alstonefield - 13th March (7).jpeg

The second house also had its own Land Rover

IMG_20190611_133356~2.jpg

And a few bits from the outbuildings to finish

Narrowdale Farm, Alstonefield - 13th March (2)~2.jpeg

Narrowdale Farm, Alstonefield - 13th March (1)~2.jpg

These records were outside getting rained on so I kindly moved them into a barn for safekeeping

IMG_20190611_134509~2.jpg

Nice way to kill an hour :thumb

Narrowdale Farm, Alstonefield - 13th March (2)~2.jpg

Last edited:

Simon.vlog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here yesterday, was greeted by a blue pickup truck at the gate and a man giving me the evil eye... i asked him if it was a through road to which he replied no... i then asked if anyone owned the property and he said, yea, we do...

he didnt want me around...

there was two more blokes just near the landy, one sat on a quad bike.
Either its local farmers, something dodgey goin on or they do in fact own it...

I was quite gutted i couldn’t get a couple of photos though

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Went here yesterday, was greeted by a blue pickup truck at the gate and a man giving me the evil eye... i asked him if it was a through road to which he replied no... i then asked if anyone owned the property and he said, yea, we do...

he didnt want me around...

there was two more blokes just near the landy, one sat on a quad bike.
Either its local farmers, something dodgey goin on or they do in fact own it...

I was quite gutted i couldn’t get a couple of photos though
I've heard the local farmers do guard the place and any entry points are fairly swiftly patched up.

That being said, @oldboots spotted a way into the neighbouring Priory Farm not so long back and took me for a look. Pretty empty and in a lot worse condition than Narrowdale but a bit more photogenic. Not worth a thread of it's own but here's a few shots.

Simon.vlog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've heard the local farmers do guard the place and any entry points are fairly swiftly patched up.

That being said, @oldboots spotted a way into the neighbouring Priory Farm not so long back and took me for a look. Pretty empty and in a lot worse condition than Narrowdale but a bit more photogenic. Not worth a thread of it's own but here's a few shots.

Awesome mate, nonetheless.. to be honest I think most locations are worth a thread.. this looks in pretty good shape.. for abandoned i mean :)

I did have a feeling that it would be the case, I’m wondering if it’s worth going to have a look at nighttime.. parking not near the farm and just walking down.. goes back to that same old thing folks like us just wanna take some photos.. whereas they are going to be wary because of people coming to destroy or steal.

i wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience there.

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Awesome mate, nonetheless.. to be honest I think most locations are worth a thread.. this looks in pretty good shape.. for abandoned i mean :)

I did have a feeling that it would be the case, I’m wondering if it’s worth going to have a look at nighttime.. parking not near the farm and just walking down.. goes back to that same old thing folks like us just wanna take some photos.. whereas they are going to be wary because of people coming to destroy or steal.

I'd recommend parking up at the cross roads anyway, you'd look dodgy as fook driving down that track

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member

I never think going at night is the answer, personally. Early morning has always worked best for me. Get in before first light and get out before most folk are even awake. Usually means some interesting light too.

Simon.vlog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I never think going at night is the answer, personally. Early morning has always worked best for me. Get in before first light and get out before most folk are even awake. Usually means some interesting light too.
Either way tbh.. i dont mind getting up at the crack of dawn on a weekend.
Just don’t want to intrude if in fact they are family or something and they do own it..

Simon.vlog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tell ya one thing though... the defender that was sat near the gate has been moved up the path between houses..

Nismo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good Report
GTF 795N The MOT expired in 1976 ?
if that's correct it may have been parked up when it was one year old