real time web analytics
Report - - Naylor Jennings, Yeadon, April 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Naylor Jennings, Yeadon, April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Naylor Jennings, Yeadon

History

The original mill was built in 1868 on land which was purchased from Rawdon Baptist Church.

A clothier who lived in Little London, Thomas Pratt, was the owner of the site. Cloth was produced here until a terrible fire in 1906 which totally gutted most of the building. Scribbling and spinning machinery was totalle; but the weaving shed was not too badly damaged, the cost of the damage was £20,000. The fire left 300 workers unemployed.

The mill was rebuilt and became a Dye House. The management buy out only got the

dye works operational till its final closure in 2010

The Visit

Went....Saw....Felt rather uninspired....Ran into the noisiest pikies in the world....Took bad photos...Forgot about them....Posted them 6 months late.

The Photos

[1]
IMG_22860.jpg

[2] & [3]
IMG_22862.jpg
IMG_22867.jpg

[4]
IMG_22870.jpg

[5]
IMG_22873.jpg

[6]
IMG_22890.jpg

[7]
IMG_22904.jpg

[8]
IMG_22907.jpg

[9] & [10]
IMG_22908.jpg
IMG_22916.jpg

[11]
IMG_22930.jpg

[12] & [13]
IMG_22968.jpg
IMG_22969.jpg

Full gallery HERE

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Agree, the factory wasn't much, but the old buildings at the former entrance were a bit special, I thought.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Agree, the factory wasn't much, but the old buildings at the former entrance were a bit special, I thought.

The tile work in admin was nice, but I just was not feeling it that day. As Dweeb said though in his report, its all about getting out with good friends more than the site!

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one, nice shots, thanks for sharing :)

Looks all right despite it being trashed, really like the 2nd to last one.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

Always meant to call up to this & Cookridge but never managed it for some reason ? bit late now for both :)

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the comments, I guess other people sometimes see more in a phone that the photographer does!

Always meant to call up to this & Cookridge but never managed it for some reason ? bit late now for both :)

I think it's several years too late for anyone who goes here to be fair.

storm1

28DL Member
28DL Member
Great to see this place I worked here the offices upstairs had antique furniture in probably from when it opened interesting place to walk round even then some parts were disused

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
Looks like demolition is underway. The chimney is still up. Worth a last look if you're local.

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details