real time web analytics
Report - - Necton diner, Norfolk Nov '17 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Necton diner, Norfolk Nov '17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Torch the porch monkey

Urbex monkey
28DL Full Member
Hi all, torch here ( better known as Ya boi)

on my way back from pontins we stopped off at this quaint little diner off the A47 but before we get into the pics, Let me lay down the lore

History (lifted forn elsewhere)
Necton Diner closed some time in 2010. In 2014 the film “The Goob” was shot here. It is reported the nearby residents moan that this is the local eyesore and they’d be pleased to see it gone. Planning was granted for 31 homes to be built here, although that was subject to the developer making a contribution towards the provision of playgrounds and library facilities, as that was over a year ago it seems the developer did not meet the deal requirements.

Pictures

upon entering the place i noticed the floor was inundated with flyers
flyers.png

flyer2.png

Then there was the menu ( shame the place wasnt open, i was quite parched)
menu.png

then there was the kitchen and diner itself, needless to say Gordon Ramsay wouldn't be happy.
kitchen.png

kitchen2.png

sink.png

diner.png

Worst part of it all, the drinks cooler wasn't even stocked:(
coke.png

I then ventured upstairs. (hopefully to find the owner to confront them of this travesty)
hall.png

what i found was shocking, the upstairs was littered with impressionist art.:eek:
graf.png

the rest of the building was in startling condition. ( btw the cabinet on the left had "fuck my ass :)" written on the inside of the door:oops:)
upstairs.png

surprising the toilet was the best kept place in the entire building, complete with literature.:eek:

shitter.png

book.png

I then went to one of the bedroom to find the manager, only to find it was vacant.:eek:
bedroom.png

I checked one final room only to find an odd "circle" of chairs. I left disappointed.:(
rec room.png

overall 0/5 stars, would not recommend.:(

Thanks for stopping by
-Torch :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Hey Torch. Nice little find mate. Shame it was so dark in there. Lots around I see. Would of been rude not to lol ;):p

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Im sure the police that scour this forum will let you off
10/10 very convincing

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Nice!! Anyone doen 8balls diner in Colchester yet? 1980's look bloody awesome

Great work getting decent pics in the dark

Torch the porch monkey

Urbex monkey
28DL Full Member
Nice!! Anyone doen 8balls diner in Colchester yet? 1980's look bloody awesome

Great work getting decent pics in the dark
Thanks it's all down to my sexy little leslenser torch I think.

Not sure about 8balls but now you've mentioned it, it's now on my radar so perhaps I might check it out in the near future.

Watch this space :thumb

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Thanks it's all down to my sexy little leslenser torch I think.

Not sure about 8balls but now you've mentioned it, it's now on my radar so perhaps I might check it out in the near future.

Watch this space :thumb
Lenser are not my thing im more of a 12000lumens guy lol.

Yeah its worth a look. 1980's style black and white floor tiles,

80's arcade game machines, pool table and air hockey (which has power to it) as mains is still on and big round 1980s style sofas make it worth a visit.

Torch the porch monkey

Urbex monkey
28DL Full Member
Lenser are not my thing im more of a 12000lumens guy lol.

Yeah its worth a look. 1980's style black and white floor tiles,

80's arcade game machines, pool table and air hockey (which has power to it) as mains is still on and big round 1980s style sofas make it worth a visit.
Just did some digging, looks like it's been bought out,reopened and renamed the empire.

Well… that sucks:(