real time web analytics
Report - - Neptune Mine - July 2020 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Neptune Mine - July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Abandoned-Sheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Neptune Mine provides a decent explore with a tricky-ish entrance/exit, narrow tunnels and a challenging bridge inside!

You can check out all my photos from this explore here on my Flickr.

Background:
Unfortunately I cannot find much information as to the background or history of Neptune Mine (also known as Ney Green Mine), so if anyone has any information it'd be great to hear more about this place and its past.

The Mine spans 348m long and has a depth of 28m.

Courtesy of the Technical Speleological Group, you can find a survey of the mine here:
neptune.jpg

The explore:

Entrance to the mine is after a brisk walk into the valley and along a public footpath. The entrance, like many other maintained mines, requires the use of a Derbyshire key to open the hatch. Once the hatch is open, you're immediately presented with a long descending plastic tube - we used a piece of rope attached to the entrance to help us with the slide down and to aid with getting back up (definitely an essential for the way back up due to how slippy the tube is).

50087443086_e72423b994_o.jpg

Once we were inside, and after a brief squeeze at the bottom of the tube, we began our explore deeper into the mine. What almost immediately presented itself to us with a massive challenge, not physically but mentally, a metal beam bridge with a massive drop below... We made good use of the guide rope that had been attached to the walls to help us cross.

50080811691_f6f27ba5d7_o.jpg

We carried on for some time into the mine, exploring various passageways and getting some photos and video along the way. We passed various holes and drops, before getting far enough to rest and begin our journey back to the entrance.

50080812706_f3ba2ac488_o.jpg

50081058087_8452b93955_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Derbyshire just keeps giving on the mine front. Looks a good explore, but the report needs more pictures than four in it...

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice snaps, as Hughie said need at least 6/8 photos for a fuller coverage, but this looks great.:thumb