real time web analytics
Information - - new camera | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - new camera

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbanadvantage

Overtly Covert
28DL Full Member
manual focus is something i would want, i want a good camera, but tbh iam not a photographer, but want good pics, for £85 the s200exr isnt looking to bad, for a first decent camera, if i want to go further and get more into the long exposure thing etc, then i may upgrade in 12 months but for now just wanting a bit better than my point and click compacts

jST

LLS.
Regular User
In my eyes they're all much of a muchness, go and have a try at your local Jessops (if they've re-opened) or PCWorld.

If you're just starting out, learn the basics on something you feel comfortable with until either your knowledge and/or requirements exhaust the camera's capabilities. There are plenty here who take fantastic photos with compact or bridge cameras. Get one bought and start shooting.

myromeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good advice from jST. Go play with the different cameras and pick the one you like the most. The Fuji exr range are very capable and would be a good learning platform for you to get the hang of things with.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
manual focus is something i would want, i want a good camera, but tbh iam not a photographer, but want good pics, for £85 the s200exr isnt looking to bad, for a first decent camera, if i want to go further and get more into the long exposure thing etc, then i may upgrade in 12 months but for now just wanting a bit better than my point and click compacts

I'd put long exposure at the top of the list. I'm very much one for promoting compacts for exploring, they are more well 'compact' which does suit exploring well. there are compacts out there with good manual controls, and ones that can do long exposures.

LadyD

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I agree with others! definitely worth investing in a cheap entry level SLR, Theres tons on gumtree for cheap. Look at a nikon d40x, - had one for my first SLR and they're really well built, take gorgeous snaps and are going dead cheap right now. At least then you can play around with lenses :)

urbanadvantage

Overtly Covert
28DL Full Member
off to the camera shop today for a play around, the HS25exr is now up for £100, so might not be a bad buy for a first camera, to get to grips with etc, never used manual focus rings on a cam before, but i do know what its all about, off to play first though
thanks everyone for the replys and help, will keep people updated, and have some pics up soon

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details