real time web analytics
Information - - new camera | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - new camera

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbanadvantage

Overtly Covert
28DL Full Member
will keep looking, but thanks for the feed back, just saw when reading the paper tonight so thougth it was worth an ask. couple more i might look into, will post them up if i think they might be worth a look

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Styru will be along at some point to offer you some sound advice for getting started, without breaking the bank :) :popcorn

Blackeagle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I Wouldn't bother with that, Id go for a Canon or a Nikon DSLR, there's plenty of good used stuff on gumtree[/I].:D

the126

Reckless & irresponsible
28DL Full Member
Have you considered a second hand canon G series?
Loads on fleabay, some reasonable G11s on there

Last edited:

urbanadvantage

Overtly Covert
28DL Full Member
sorry thats 60 - 1/2000th of a second, another camera i have seen is the finepix s9600, £110 again, any good ?

captainweird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In the blue corner: Nikon. In the Red corner: Canon. On the sidelines: Fujifilm.

Let's have a good, clean fight with no biting or gouging........:)

Phil

Indecisive Moment

Banned
Banned
UA, the best thing to do would be to decide on your budget - what's your upper limit? How much can you afford to spend? That will help you to narrow down your options. Once you've done that compare the camera specs within that price range. But also go to the shops and get a feel for the cameras, which will give you a better idea of what you like. The DSLR's are a great investment for the long run as they give you more options for different types of photography but they do come at a certain price. And if you do consider them then, yes, Canon or Nikon, although I'd choose a Canon! Hope that helps :)

myromeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey,

I had a fujifilm S3300 before I upgraded to my Nikon DSLR. It was a good learner camera but I found myself hitting its limitations after about 6 months. For me the limitations were:

No manual focus - This alone was the biggest annoyance
No true Aperture control - had two options, think it used some weird ND filter type system tho
8s longest exposure, Not great for night sky

Overall I did like the fujifilm (and still have it as a backup) but I felt I needed more control over my shooting. Never expected as big an improvement in image quality and control with the DSLR as what I got tho!

If your not planning on getting in to photography I think you will be fine with a bridge camera however go for one with manual focus! I think the fuji exr range offer this?

Otherwise, as suggested several times - go DSLR. You won't regret it.

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details