Web
Analytics
Report - - New College Durham 24th July & 2nd Oct 2007 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - New College Durham 24th July & 2nd Oct 2007

Northern Exposure

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
New College Durham was closed in roughly 2004 and is in the process of conversion to..... new apartments :rolleyes:

The college has relocated to new premises and the existing site has been developed to the point it is now a lived in housing estate with only the two remaining buildings awaiting work.

I visited this place initially back in July and managed the smaller of the two buildings with XM657 and came back tonight after a recce and managed the main building. Access was ridiculous, getting out after even worse!!!

Anyway, on with the pic's

First Building;

IMG_1601.jpg

This place was used as lecture theatres, but most of the stuff has been removed.

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

Old spiral staircase

IMG_1565.jpg

Library

IMG_1590.jpg

The main building and tonight's explore;

IMG_1595.jpg

This building was used as dorms on the upper floors and had one or two lecture theatres on the ground floor, and a kitchen area'
Most of the rooms are empty, which was a shame, but there were still one or two interesting rooms.

Nature reclaims

DSC_0015.jpg

WC's

DSC_0020.jpg

An old winch in the eve's for lifting the rafters when the place was built

DSC_0017.jpg

View toward the smaller building

DSC_0027.jpg

Main stairwell

DSC_0029.jpg

Storage Attic

DSC_0032.jpg

Other random shots

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

From the outside

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Was a good explore, thanks for looking.

xm657

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: New College Durham 24th July & 2nd Oct 2007 * Report*

Ok heres some more pics from me, quality not quite up to Northern Exposure's standard but hopefully you'll let me off as most were with a camera phone!

The main larger building
24072007008.jpg

Img_1316.jpg

24072007018.jpg

24072007022.jpg

24072007005.jpg

Img_1283.jpg

Remember these?!?
Img_1273.jpg

The roof top
Img_1297.jpg

This bird came down the chinmey but couldn't get out, must of had a long wait to die.
Img_1303.jpg

In the loft, but not much up there
Img_1282.jpg

The smaller building and note the CCTV :eek:
Img_1309.jpg

This one is the same shot as Northern Ex took, but I'm posting it up just as I'm chuffed how well it came out - taken with a little Nokia E50 mobile phone! This is taken from the smaller building looking towards the larger building and is basically the opposite shot to above - which is taken from the larger building
24072007024.jpg