real time web analytics
New member here, based up in the Lake District | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New member here, based up in the Lake District

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NastyNeasden

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there I'm Richard, but using my student era nickname which gives away my vintage - first active the 1970s, when punk was just emerging. Careers, kids and other commitments have now (mostly) gone, and as a pensioner, I am getting back into industrial archaeology and mine exploration in particular. I am member of CATMHS and NMRS and currently relearning my old caving and SRT skills along with some new ones, up here in Cumbria. As well as exploring, I am also interested in old military and Cold War stuff, and the preservation of all these sites to make sure the next generation can see these for themselves or at least, recording them with photos and videos before they collapse into oblivion.

Most of my recent time so far has been spent revisiting metal mines and slate mine in Cumbria, but I'm looking forward to getting down to North and Mid Wales soon and hopefully, up in Scotland as well. Too much to do and too little time left, me thinks.

362235217_6844939405525724_7577325917429304900_n.jpeg