Web
Analytics
New Member - Hiker, Photographer, Explorer... Gloucester | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New Member - Hiker, Photographer, Explorer... Gloucester

TrippPhotography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all, just found this site today whilst trying to find info on Pine End Works in Lydney and to see if it was still derelict and explorable, found some good photos from 'Polo' on his thread from '15 and looked a bit more into the page and decided to join. (I will be starting a thread for it in a bit)

I'm an experienced, amateur photographer, who mostly does landscapes, close-ups, wildlife and abstracty type of stuff as well. Been doing photography for 8 years, since i was 14. I have always been into exploring the wilderness, going into woods/forests, walking through rivers etc.. however i've always been intrigued by abandoned places and urban exploring (usually more towards the parcour end of things, but i'm far too scared of heights for that). I've explored a couple of urban places, like Pine End Works as mentioned above, a farm a few fields over from it and also a couple of places in somerset. I live in gloucester and i want to get into the urban exploring a lot more, especially derelict places as it will go towards my photography project that i have set myself (Man Vs Nature). So mostly looking for plaaces that have been abandoned for years and nature has started to take it back. Unfortunately i don't drive so i have to walk or ride my bike, but its not toooo much of a problem as i usually go on hikes of 8-15 miles just for fun (and photography of course).

Literally just before writing this as well i have just seen about the place in Hempsted, might have to go check that out at some point! Anyway thanks for having me, hopefully i will be able to do urbex justice!

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the site! Nice introduction there!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome and come on in. That's one of the best introductions I've seen for ages. Sure, having a car is helpful, but you often miss stuff in a car that you spot when you are on your bike or on foot.

I'd usually say get some reports up and you increase your chances of meeting up with someone who has a car but in COVID-19 time I'm not sure that car-sharing is currently an option. But getting reports up is a really great way of building up links in the 28DL community.

TrippPhotography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome and come on in. That's one of the best introductions I've seen for ages. Sure, having a car is helpful, but you often miss stuff in a car that you spot when you are on your bike or on foot.

I'd usually say get some reports up and you increase your chances of meeting up with someone who has a car but in COVID-19 time I'm not sure that car-sharing is currently an option. But getting reports up is a really great way of building up links in the 28DL community.

Thank you, i didnt think it was that good, thought i waffled complete crap too much to be honest aha. I agree with the car thing, since i love doing closeups and landscapes, walking/riding is definitely the best way!! Yeah i might not be able to car share, but if its in gloucester, i would probably be able to meet up as i can ride. I've chucked a report up on PEW, dont think its very good though, but i spose for my first one its not too bad!

TrippPhotography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't think mmy report has been accepted by a mod yet, cant see it anywhere, am i able to see one of my posts thats waiting to be approved? or does it pretty much disappear until it is approved?