Web
Analytics
New Member, interested in Whitchurch, or anything in South Wales | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New Member, interested in Whitchurch, or anything in South Wales

YRK01

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, I just joined this forum and have no prior knowledge of urbex. I've always found abandoned buildings interesting but frankly, didn't know this was even a thing until i stubbed across this site! Anyway, I've always wanted to visit Whitchurch hospital as I don't live too far and it looks like one of the best sites in the UK. However, as you are probably aware, security has drastically increased recently so I understand if that isn't possible but I did read on some of threads that people have been able to get in recently. Now i'm not asking for how to get in, as I know you're not really supposed to ask for specific access details, but I was just wondering if anyone could give me some hints/tips in the general direction, since I've never done anything like this before.

Thanks!

tigger

mog
Regular User
Hi and welcome to 28DL.

First port of call for new members is these two threads:

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/new-members-dos-and-donts-read-this-before-posting.113090/

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/28-days-later-survival-guide-for-newbies.116319/

They give a good grounding in how things work round here.

Then spend time reading some previous threads, using the search function to find places 'local' or of specific interest to you. After that get out there, get a few reports posted, build some trust and you'll find that most people are friendly and helpful.

You are off to a good start with your intro

EJ9

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, I just joined this forum and have no prior knowledge of urbex. I've always found abandoned buildings interesting but frankly, didn't know this was even a thing until i stubbed across this site! Anyway, I've always wanted to visit Whitchurch hospital as I don't live too far and it looks like one of the best sites in the UK. However, as you are probably aware, security has drastically increased recently so I understand if that isn't possible but I did read on some of threads that people have been able to get in recently. Now i'm not asking for how to get in, as I know you're not really supposed to ask for specific access details, but I was just wondering if anyone could give me some hints/tips in the general direction, since I've never done anything like this before.

Thanks!
Im from Whitchurch myself, do some reports when you get a chance to visit some places, i have places all around the local area, not to hard to find, could possibly help when i know what youre about :)

Last edited:

Bikin Glynn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is loads down South Wales, but I wouldn't think Whitechurch is the best place to start for a novice.

YRK01

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for all the replies! I'll definitely have a look at some other places before Whitchurch. I didn't know there were many places round here, guess I'm wrong!