Web
Analytics
New member, long time viewer. | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New member, long time viewer.

eleysiumrg7

28DL Member
28DL Member
I’ve looked at this site for quite a while trawling through the many in depth and descriptive reports. Have to tip my cap to the etiquette and dedication to the rules, I don’t come here to try steal site info or for anything other than my own enjoyment.

currently living in Cumbria but originally from the Scottish Borders. Massive history buff and one of the things I get the most enjoyment from is finding secret tunnels/passages etc from castles. But realistically I enjoy exploring anywhere and regularly go out looking for new places.For the past few weeks I’ve been exploring undocumented mines, yesterday I found some more near greystoke which seem to be completely missing from history. Awaiting my new gas analyser and a friend to help shovel some of the debris out the main entrance I’ve found.
Anyways I’ll make a report of my recent trip to Otterburn House Hotel and have a look through my other recent ones and try share in an informative way.

I know I can’t expect any trust until I’ve been on here a while. Would definitely love to meet some likeminded people in the future, I’m always exploring alone. Any help or tips is appreciated. As is constructive criticism.
Thanks

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
I’ve looked at this site for quite a while trawling through the many in depth and descriptive reports. Have to tip my cap to the etiquette and dedication to the rules, I don’t come here to try steal site info or for anything other than my own enjoyment.

currently living in Cumbria but originally from the Scottish Borders. Massive history buff and one of the things I get the most enjoyment from is finding secret tunnels/passages etc from castles. But realistically I enjoy exploring anywhere and regularly go out looking for new places.For the past few weeks I’ve been exploring undocumented mines, yesterday I found some more near greystoke which seem to be completely missing from history. Awaiting my new gas analyser and a friend to help shovel some of the debris out the main entrance I’ve found.
Anyways I’ll make a report of my recent trip to Otterburn House Hotel and have a look through my other recent ones and try share in an informative way.

I know I can’t expect any trust until I’ve been on here a while. Would definitely love to meet some likeminded people in the future, I’m always exploring alone. Any help or tips is appreciated. As is constructive criticism.
Thanks
Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

Down and beyond

I am just developing the mine by improving access
Regular User
Very kind words @Bikin Glynn

but yes I am more than happy to help or advise to the best of my abilities if it’s sensitive matters feel free to private message anytime:thumb I am quite clued up about mine air and gasses etc so for your dig projects if unsure I might be able to help

eleysiumrg7

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks a lot for the replies! I wasn’t expecting any offers of help until I had started making reports, which I will do but I’ve been flat out working unfortunately. Really appreciate it and I will definitely be in touch regarding underground exploration. I’ll not try to pretend I know it all and realistically I’m happy to learn from experienced people. There’s just something enchanting about being separated from everyday life when you’re underground

Down and beyond

Regular User
'Different world down there' as we say :)

Yeah any help youu need mate give me a shout.

First things first what gas analyser have you ordered? O2 meter or a proper 4Gas?
Streight to the point about the important matters I still prefer Altair system to all others myself , I am very use to them and had lots of experience which I find is the best learning curve 17% time to go 15% quick calm exit

eleysiumrg7

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for the message! really wasn’t expecting much of a reception. Not to say I thought the site was full of arrogance, more suspicion of new members

eleysiumrg7

28DL Member
28DL Member
'Different world down there' as we say :)

Yeah any help youu need mate give me a shout.

First things first what gas analyser have you ordered? O2 meter or a proper 4Gas?
microclip xl I’m sure but I’d need to check. however I’ve been waiting quite a while now so unsure as to what’s going on. will actually chase that up today now I’m on the subject. What is it you would recommend?

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Like @Down and beyond I would recommend An Altair 4Gas. Its not strictly necessary if you're just doing things like iron mines where the only thing you usually need to worry about is low O2 but the way I look at it is its better to be slightly over prepared than under. Once you graduate to drains/sewers etc. then you will absolutely need a 4Gas.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Like @Down and beyond I would recommend An Altair 4Gas. Its not strictly necessary if you're just doing things like iron mines where the only thing you usually need to worry about is low O2 but the way I look at it is its better to be slightly over prepared than under. Once you graduate to drains/sewers etc. then you will absolutely need a 4Gas.
Is going down a drain really a graduation, thank fk Im bottom set lol

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
Is going down a drain really a graduation, thank fk Im bottom set lol
As Oort says, difficulty wise, no, but from my experience, it really depends on which drain and the conditions overall. Most you can happily walk without issue but as soon as you get into sewer territory, that can change quickly.

Down and beyond

Regular User
It changes just as fast in s.w also trust me I no from many years of working in them s.w is more dangerous because of this reason people feeling they are safe you are not due to rotten vegetation causing major gas issues .

I agree with lord oorts comment the world of drains is dangerous because of the gas , but I have to say I find drains boring this is why I don’t view the subject I have seen enough drains for my life :yawn