Web
Analytics
New to Hertfordshire! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New to Hertfordshire!

laurenthehuman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey everyone, hope you all have a CCTV-free 2020! I’ve just moved to Hertfordshire from Norwich and so I can finally start exploring new places (I’d bled Norwich and the surrounding areas dry by now) but I don’t have an adventure buddy anymore! If anyone can recommend anywhere or wants to come with please drop me a message as I’ll always be keen for that! For now I’m off to find a place called bee keepers cottage.. see you on the other side!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Hey everyone, hope you all have a CCTV-free 2020! I’ve just moved to Hertfordshire from Norwich and so I can finally start exploring new places (I’d bled Norwich and the surrounding areas dry by now) but I don’t have an adventure buddy anymore! If anyone can recommend anywhere or wants to come with please drop me a message as I’ll always be keen for that! For now I’m off to find a place called bee keepers cottage.. see you on the other side!
I wouldn't bother with Beekeeper's, its little more than a collapsed set of wooden sheds now.

laurenthehuman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Noted, scrap that idea then! The only other one I can really find that’s worth checking out is this abandoned house in Ashwell.. got any other recommendations?

tigger

mog
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL

Have a read of these two posts as they explain how things work round here:

As you "bled Norwich and the surrounding areas dry" you must have plenty of things you could post reports on - posting a few decent reports will go a LONG way to gaining trust, it gives us all some idea of your interests etc.

Any questions - ask @Oort as he loves questions ;)

laurenthehuman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks so much for the advice! I’ve got a couple of posts waiting to be checked by the moderators at the moment and tons more to post after that so look out Super handy to have a how-to guide now though so I appreciate it!

laurenthehuman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh god don’t back away :oops: Let me start again - the whole reason I’ve joined this is to try and make some explorer buddy friends as I’ve left all of mine behind! I’m truly and completely amateur I’m just all about the adventure and witnessing beautifully decrepit places lost in time! (I’ll get the hang of the rules soon enough I swear) :D

Ebz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hey lauren
where abouts in Hertfordshire are you? im st albans, there are various places locally, nothing massive mind,

Last edited:

Bigrobbyault

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm in stevenage and have a few good places I've been to where abouts are you?

Down and beyond

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looking falward to seing some of your reports you get posted on here you seem one hell of a character lol

Lady Pandora

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hertfordshire person here
There are a few bits, but it’s pretty boring this way. What was good, has quickly been demolished, nothing stays abandoned for long in Hertfordshire.
Good luck in your findings and I’d recommend travelling/searching Cambridge way.