Web
Analytics
New to London, but not new to urbex | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New to London, but not new to urbex

Katie Jaydee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone. My name is Katie. I'm new to the UK (and more precisely London). I'm originally from Russia, but most recently arriving from Australia. I consider myself a seasoned urbexer, having been doing it for over 11 years. I've only ever urbexed in Australia - I'll attach a couple of my best photos. I've explored abandoned industrial plants, school, asylums, orphanage, tunnels, mansion and a motel. My absolute favourite are industrial sites and asylums/hospitals.

Now that I'm in the UK, I don't want to waste any time and would like to find some people to explore with. In Australia I explore with my husband, but I'm on my own here and I don't feel safe going alone. I'd love to join a small group of people (2-3 people). I'm after a group of sneaky individuals, with at least one girl on the team (I'll just feel more comfortable). My style is to be as quiet and sneaky as possible. Safety > chatter and fun. I'm willing to hit up the more risky/high security/far away areas. And, not trying to run before I learn to walk, but ideally - if we have good urbex chemistry, and people were willing - I'd love to urbex across whole of UK and Europe. What a great way to tourist the region. Because it's my first time in the UK, I don't have any locations to swap, but I'm hoping we could hit places up together. Unless people wanted to know urbex locations for Australia? As I understand urbex groups are about trust, I'm keen to grab a coffee under normal circumstances and get to know each other first, before any of us make commitments. So if you're keen to take this little miss under your wing and help me explore this awesome country, or if you have any questions, please send through a message. I'd love to tag along with you on your next adventure :)

mockney reject

Chief Goon
Staff member
Hi Katie,

good to see you on here, I was one of the people along with @Wevsky and @mookster who suggested you join up.

have a look around the forum and use the search button up in the top right corner. London has sooooo much to offer

Katie Jaydee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Katie,

good to see you on here, I was one of the people along with @Wevsky and @mookster who suggested you join up.

have a look around the forum and use the search button up in the top right corner. London has sooooo much to offer
Thank you heaps for the suggestion! :) I'm sure I'll find heaps of locations, but hoping I can find some people. I don't feel that safe going alone, especially in a new country :(

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Welcome, yes I was one who suggested having a gander on here - you're miles ahead of the curve already as you've sussed out how to add photos right off the bat - would be great to see some Aussie stuff.

As I mentioned on the Facebook group I'm not far out from London at all so there could be a possibility of a meet up at some point if things work out.

Katie Jaydee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome, yes I was one who suggested having a gander on here - you're miles ahead of the curve already as you've sussed out how to add photos right off the bat - would be great to see some Aussie stuff.

As I mentioned on the Facebook group I'm not far out from London at all so there could be a possibility of a meet up at some point if things work out.
Thanks for the suggestion :) Hopefully I can find some other mature urbexers to tag along with. And I'll definitely take your offer up as well. What was your name on FB again? I'll add you as it's easier to message there :)

mockney reject

Chief Goon
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestion :) Hopefully I can find some other mature urbexers to tag along with. And I'll definitely take your offer up as well. What was your name on FB again? I'll add you as it's easier to message there :)
You might struggle with the mature bit, we are all very very childish lol

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Just sent you a friend request on there, wasn't sure if you'd be able to add me due to my settings!

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Welcome along. Good to see you took the advise of some members on your fb post. You've defo come to the right place and I hope you enjoy your stay :thumb