real time web analytics
New to this, in Bristol! :) | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New to this, in Bristol! :)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MatWright

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello!

I have only done opportunistic urban exploration when traveling. However, I loved doing it, finding interesting places and pieces of history!
I live in Bristol and am going to try to do some urban exploration in and around the city. I have heard that there are many amazing places to explore.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or places they could suggest?

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you. :)

Mat

tigger

mog
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL.

Have a read of this sticky - it's full of useful information to help you get the most from your time on the bulletin board:

There's a search function...very useful as all 'reports' have basic location and date in them.

Plenty of 'tips' in the newcomers guide as well as in the various board sections themselves.

Theres a sticky about formatting reports when you are ready for that too..

People are always wary of newcomers and tend to wait until you have some 'history' - some posts, other positive input etc. before they'll volunteer much direct help.

Good luck and stay safe ;)

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As has already been said, there are a lot of tips and useful posts on this website (particularly in the linked 'Survival Guide').

But there are also lots of urbex newcomers looking to get into it on this website from your area (myself included, as well as others you'll find by using the search button and looking at the bottom of the website where it shows you 'Similar threads'). Perhaps try getting in contact with one of us and we can try and organise something if the more established members of the community are understandably wary of our emergence into what is rightfully considered a scene in need of protection from unsavoury characters and general dicks. You need 5 posts to be able to send/receive instant messages.

I believe there's an annual meetup (up North, unfortunately) in a few months, so I intend to travel up for that to make some acquaintances and go exploring with people who have experience of applying the tricks of the trade in most effective ways.

Welcome!