Web
Analytics
Video - - *NEW VIDEO GROUP - PLEASE READ* | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Video - *NEW VIDEO GROUP - PLEASE READ*

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Due to unpopular demand :rolleyes: I'm removing this section of the forum permanently!

The good news is however, it seems there are a good few people who wish to share video content etc

For this reason, I have set up a dedicated social group for anyone interested, to avoid the main forum being cluttered and more importantly to prevent my inbox being filled with complaints from moaning twits :p

If you want in, send a join request, (goons need not apply) :thumb

I will move across the current content and have a tidy up in due course..

NOTE: This isn't for casual browsers and anyone found not to be contributing will be booted!

Red State Connection

Red State
28DL Full Member
top idea mate!, i like watching some of the videos as you say but it can get abit cluttered with repeats, once i have something worth while posting up ill request a join till then though ill hang back not to be ''deadwood''. want to post something with abit of depth/research rather than just the generic gopro cam. you must have ALOT of tidyin coming your way

ZerO81

Staff member
Thank GOD for that!

Three questions however:-

1. Will mods have access to this group to keep an eye on things or do we need to apply too?
2. What is going to happen to the Drone videos?
3. Do you want a hand deleting some of the crap again before its moved over to it's new home (PM me if you do)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I’ll sort the crap and I’m also the group owner, tbh I’m fairly easy with what people want to share as it will be away from people who don’t have an interest in them anyway.

As for the drone videos, I’m in the process of setting a group up for drone users and I’ll move any existing drone videos into that before I delete the video forum.

Red State Connection

Red State
28DL Full Member
its a shame its gotten to this really, on my old account and even this one last year i never had any negativity with my videos i posted, just advice, and conversation mainly. ive posted on youtube on various accounts for years though ive never been one for silly fake thumbnails and the stupid (look what WE fOuND UntOUCHED 1000 YEAR OLD nazis factorY) titles. think the biggest issue is the lack of respect for say 28 days and its community by the click baiters, its not fair to just keep coming on and take take take but with no give back to the fourm/ community that really helped changed the way we do things. people just asking for entries rather than going to find them and explore the area, stealing photos and claiming false stories. we all no the crap thats gone on and its really changed the feeling for video on the fourm. i no alot of the goontube comments we pop out with are in a more joking fashion and just taking the light side to it all. but there are ones that feel very annoyed with youtube folk and i can see why they would be. (Even i had my personal details stolen by one of these vblogger dudes and pictures so he could make a fake account of me to comment on all his videos! not even joking that happened this year to me) all we can do as video creators is avoid the shit and try make some nice well rounded videos that the community can enjoy. youll never make content to make everyone happy but aslong as we keep trying to do our thing and not be a hassle and avoid the clickbaiters on journeys i think itll go back to how it was.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Personally I don’t mind videos as long as they remain inteseting, often they are long winded, and feature badly lit/narrated crap. I wouldn’t be too concerned with the length if the content was decent.

I think we all need to self moderate what we post and ask ourselves is this actually any good ?

I’m sure most people who will end up in it will have decent content to share...

Red State Connection

Red State
28DL Full Member
yea i hear you, sometimes you get more from a video in terms of context then you do a photo which is nice, specially if the location has now gone. some do get way to long of bad angle shots and no sound etc which is a shame as some places deserve so much more. as i said before i like abit of history to a video, some information and depth on the place and its grounds. that gets me interested. or if its more cinematic beauty. but yes self moderate is the answer, no your audience and community no what they like. ive made loads of shit over the years but atleast i knew it was shit and didnt post it to the fourms :D defo mate i think itll be much better this way.