real time web analytics
Report - - New Years eve 2018 London. | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - New Years eve 2018 London.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Aaron89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
New Years eve 2018 London.
I umm'ed and ah'ed about uploading this report after the negativity I received from some people on another thread. But after reading the replies it seems not all was against and understood the situation.

So where did it all start..
Thursday 27th December. I got speaking to a fellow explorer and got talking about our plans for New Years eve. I had non and he suggested meeting up in London to go with them.
Somewhat sceptical, I thought "What the hell, lets just go for it" and said yes.
So train tickets booked, the 31st arrived and off I went to meet several people I had only ever spoken too over the internet. Nervous as hell and I really didn't know what to expect.

We all met up and everyone seemed good lads. Phew!
We went for a wander into central. Police and security everywhere. Joined by a couple of helicopters in the sky and snipers on roofs.
My thoughts where, I would rather find a nice quiet roof out of the way then try and find something on the doorstep of the London eye and most probably get caught.
So thats what we did.
We got in early so we could just chat, take some photos and generally chill before the fireworks started.
Anyway, I will shut up now and move onto the photos.

DSC03947.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04053.jpg

DSC04055.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

Midnight struck and the fireworks started. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. Looking 360 degrees around the city fireworks where going off wherever you looked. It was like London was exploding.
These photos didn't exactly turn out as I had hoped, but I wasn't really taking much notice, I was more watching them in person, pressing the shutter button every now and then.
Not helped by the fact I had no tripod. So they really don't do them any justice.

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04128.jpg

DSC04144-2.jpg

DSC04148.jpg

DSC04153.jpg

And when the show was over.

DSC04159-2.jpg

Anyway. Back to what I said at the start of the thread. Meeting people I had never met in my life..
It actually turned out to be one of the best nights I have had in a very long time. Meeting some genuinely great people from all over the uk and Europe.
If you have gotten this far thank-you for taking the time to read.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I'm glad you posted some more, you've got some cracking shots in there!

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
That was probably a good call finding somewhere a little more out the way, as you say around central would be crazy. Worked out well, nice job

chills

Queller of the uprising
Nicely done and a nice new view for New Year you don't normally see! Thanks for sharing!

hoix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Holy **** these shots are amazing.

I'm probably gonna do something like this for 2019/2020 New Years, the view and experience I can already tell will be insane.

Who has read this thread (Total: 222) View details