real time web analytics
General - - New Zero Station find? | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - New Zero Station find?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

simaving

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After a years extensive searching I believe I've found a previously unknown zero station just outside Pickering N.Yorks,it seems to tick all the required boxes and even though it's half caved in it looks like a typical home guard zero station to me,I'm not going overboard with history/location etc in case I've stumbled
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
across something totaly sh*te
If any members can confirm this is what I think it is I will investigate it properly ; ) cheers simon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 222

simaving

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks mate,after looking at that link/site I know 110 percent this is a zero station,identical internally to one pictured on that site,I'm gonna re visit site to take proper pics and maybe do a bit of digging as I think half the hide is currently still awaiting discovery ....

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Basically Operational Bases and 'Zero' Radio Stations were similar in construction with the addition of electricity generators for radio equipment with the provision for an external aerial often hidden in a tree nearby. Sometime the addition of an extra brick divider is an extra indicator.

Radio Stations were manned by the Royal Signals with mainly Female ATS Operators and would be unknown to the Auxiliary Units, and the two were rarely if ever found close to each other.

Good luck with your investigations, and please report back with your results.

Nikmaving

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello. I am Simon's brother.
This has been confirmed as a zero station and Simon has been credited as a co finder and has supplied photos of the site on the auxiliary units web site.
Simon was unfortunately the passenger in a friend's van that collided with a tree, killing him instantly.
We(family & friends) have to wait for the inquest to find out what really happened and if the driver is to be charged.
Simon will be deeply missed by all that knew him.
Missing you big brother.x

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Sorry to hear about your brother, my condolences to you and your family.

The hideout that your brother found is listed on the Coleshill Auxilliary Research Team's website here known as the Lockton Patrol

tinseltom

28DL Member
28DL Member
First post ever but I found an identical structure to this in Cornwall, it is not marked on the map as a zero station but it is a few hundred meters up the road from goonhilly satellite station, and located across the road from a chain home radar station, it was 8 years ago that I went there so it’s a bit fuzzy now but it was in the yellow circle somewhere, if anyone wants to have a gander I’d love to see what everything looks like now as the chain home station looked to be in remarkably good condition.

Attachments

• 2DE046F5-ABA2-4AD9-8C7B-91CDE02331A0.jpeg
    2DE046F5-ABA2-4AD9-8C7B-91CDE02331A0.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 38

Who has read this thread (Total: 206) View details