real time web analytics
Question - - Newbie Video Problems. | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Newbie Video Problems.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

gavmoulds

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All. Im new to video editing and I have tried all the dfferent software you can imagine including Adobe....which I have found can be some of the worst TBH. Any way. My PC has a massive hard drive, SSD, Its full of ram, has a decent processor and yet it seems that editing a video is like asking a midget to take part in the Olympic Power lifting finals. Any recommends or tips would be helpful as Im considering not editing anything as it is at present.

The.Northern.Squad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Honestly mate videos have never gone down well on this site, I used to make them too and stopped for the exact same reasons, plus I dont find myself wanting to sit there and watch one either so begun to understand the feeling toward them, however if you are still looking to edit your own dont let it put you off. The graphics card cant be ignored as this does a lot of the rendering in real time and when you come to export the file, I used a cracked version of Vegas 13 and it did its job well and i was using an old athlon with 8GB DDr3 and it managed to struggle on. see if you can change the settings to rely on hardware acceleration based on whats better in your rig; GPU or CPU, vegas let me do that and put more emphasis on the 970 I had installed

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Indeed you must. As I said what are your exact PC specs? Also what are you trying to edit? Raw video files for example will flat out kick most PC's in the nuts. X265 is also pretty intensive.

I was involved with the kickstarter for the new version 2.0 and I have to say it is a very good editor and haven't had a problem with it in that respect.

gavmoulds

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Indeed you must. As I said what are your exact PC specs? Also what are you trying to edit? Raw video files for example will flat out kick most PC's in the nuts. X265 is also pretty intensive.

I was involved with the kickstarter for the new version 2.0 and I have to say it is a very good editor and haven't had a problem with it in that respect.

Device name GPC
Processor AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (14.9 GB usable)
Device ID 0ED8C09C-E472-43DA-8DE8-26DB38B64799
Product ID 00325-96466-97128-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Hi All. Im new to video editing and I have tried all the dfferent software you can imagine including Adobe....which I have found can be some of the worst TBH. Any way. My PC has a massive hard drive, SSD, Its full of ram, has a decent processor and yet it seems that editing a video is like asking a midget to take part in the Olympic Power lifting finals. Any recommends or tips would be helpful as Im considering not editing anything as it is at present.

Maybe that was an high spec when it came out in 2017. That machine as only has 2 physical cores with onboard graphics. Like Oort said, was size files are you using etc.
I think your machine is the achilles heel

stevey83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To speed up you need to go at quad core, and a dedicated GPU. Your little processor simply can cope!