Web
Analytics
Newbie | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Liamrrs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys and girls. Completely new to all this and looking to get stuck in. Can anyone suggest any decent places in the north west for me and the Mrs to visit? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

Oort

Fear is the little death.
Regular User
Jut use the search box mate if all you want is locations. If you're looking to actually join in in any sort of meaningful way then you need to put a bit more effort into your intro.

Liamrrs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I use the search bar and all I get is name's of places with no actual location... also near enough everything I do find and check out online is now either demolished or converted... I'm not after all your secrets and stuff just want a little help... or is that too much to ask?!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Part of the fun is the research, try entering towns to cities into the search bar. You will just get the name of the place, it's then not too hard to find the location yourself. Look at previous reports, that should give you an idea when it was last done :thumb

Oort

Regular User
No one will give you specific directions to a place, that's not how it works here. Five minutes of Googling using information contained within most reports will give you more than enough to find most places. If that's too much work for you may I suggest TripAdvisor.

Liamrrs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No one will give you specific directions to a place.
I never asked for specific directions... simply asked for some help as to where some different places are... for instance scout mine... I know it's in rossendale but a Google search brings up nothing for me.. how am I meant to even stand any chance then? And cut the sarcasm mate.. trying to have an adult conversation and get genuine help...

Oort

Regular User
Weve given you all the help you need. Other than giving you literal directions there's not much more to be done.

This is a hobby for explorers, if you can't use a bit of initiative then you're probably best off finding another hobby.

No sarcasm implied but we get tired of people signing up and asking for locations on a plate.

UrbanZ

ERROR 401
Regular User
no you didn't ask for specific directions but you have already said site names are no good as you can't track down the locations on just the name, so what is it your hoping for ??

it took me typing three words into google to find the co-ordinates to the scout mine entrance, if you can't manage that then pick a new hobby

Liamrrs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm not asking for you to be condescending pricks that's for sure... I ask for help and het met with sarcasm and just a general dislike to outside people or people just starting off... I clearly said I'm completely new and looking for help so I'm obviously gonna get a bit stuck at first... some of you need to jump down off your high horses and remember everyone starts from nothing and not everyone knows everything right from the very start..

Oort

Regular User
Yover had as much help as any noob gets with a couple of posts. Show some initiative use Google. No one is going to tell you how to get to scout mine. Finding it online isn't difficult as has been pointed out.

Liamrrs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well then maybe you should be a little more considerate and a bit more welcoming to new people then and help them instead of giving generic answers or snide sly remarks... I've got an approximate location now thanks to help from someone on here... And no he never gave me the location simply pointed me in the right direction of where to go and what to look for.. that's all I ever asked for.. I don't want an exact location... just a push in the right direction and gave me some help and pointers on how to hone in on where abouts locations are... saying Google it doesn't help..

Liamrrs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yorrick I know that now after some kind person (you know who you are) has actually helped me instead of giving generic remarks.. all anyone had to do was point me in the right direction... I apologise for my reaction but at the end of the day it's difficult for someone starting from scratch...