Web
Analytics
Newbie | New Members Introduction | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Oort

The Spice Must Flow.
Regular User
@Yorrick Not sure what relevance that has here as I had already tracked down Great tew manor by myself and been once before I messaged you. I had hardly just joined up with no reports under my belt asking for locations. Think I was RU by that point actually.

Last edited:

Liamrrs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Yorrick Not sure what relevance that has here as I had already tracked down Great tew manor by myself and been once before I messaged you.
Don't slate people for asking for help when you have clearly done the same in the past.. double standards much.

Oort

The Spice Must Flow.
Regular User
PM'ing someone for info once you're established is perfectly acceptable, particularly if you've already found the place and gone and had a look already. A tad different from a first time poster blatantly asking for locations on the forum and then getting huffy when he doesn't like the completely reasonable response he got.

I think UrbanZ put it rather succinctly

no you didn't ask for specific directions but you have already said site names are no good as you can't track down the locations on just the name, so what is it your hoping for ??

it took me typing three words into google to find the co-ordinates to the scout mine entrance, if you can't manage that then pick a new hobby
The fact that theres a large link called 'Locations' on the main bar is a bit of a big pointer.

Yorrick

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Don't slate people for asking for help when you have clearly done the same in the past.. double standards much.
As @Oort says above, asking by PM when you're established and proven as an explorer is fine.
We don't know if you're genuinely interested or want somewhere to have a rave / zombie wars / ghost hunt / smashing- up session, or if you're an owner / security wanting to find out where explorers get in so you can seal the place up
It's also protocol and (common courtesy) to say thank you, Oort has apologised for forgetting and I understand why he forgot.

Liamrrs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
But how is someone meant to gain credibility if they don't know where to go or how to find some alright places... I've eventually managed to get some help of some decent people. That's all I wanted... don't know how many times I have to say that I wasn't after specific details just some bloody pointers. The original post was asking for help on whereabouts I could go to gain my credibilty. And I wasn't talking about the fact that oort didn't say thank you... my point there was that he had asked you for help before yet when I do it I get moaned at and get arsey replies. I get why you're protective information but how is someone meant to get started if no one is willing to give pointers... that's my main complaint here. Instead of shunning outsiders and giving them shitty replies and being sarcastic try offering some help and pointing in the right direction. Like I said I've been given help now which I have thanked them for. That's all I wanted.

ZerO81

Staff member
You've not got off to the best start here, so I will try and explain a few things to you.

1. Your opening post did not really show anyone that you had tried to do any of your own research, all it basically said was "i'm new..help me find good places", do you realize how many of these generic posts we see day in day out from people who then take the info they are given and then take no further part in this forum?

2. As has been pointed out early on in this thread, each report gives you the name of a site and a location that it is based in, armed with that information, it's not too difficult to take that information and use the vast array of online resources to go and find further details about the place.

3. Where ever you are based, there are bound to be places that you have noticed are derelict, fences around run-down places tend to be a big give away, so why not go check these places out, then post a report about them if you find anything worth photographing (I emphasize PHOTOGRAPHING...Please NO videos) - that is how you build credibility.

When I started out, I had no clue about how things worked, but I figured it out and started to open my eyes to places around me and places I saw when I was, for example on holiday. My first report on here was of a derelict castle which was in the middle of renovation, I thought it was great, but it ended up in the bin, but it helped to show I was serious about this hobby and started to build my reputation.

So to sum up, stop trashing the people who have given you very good advice, step away from the keyboard and start looking for places, then post some reports and see what doors open up to you.