Web
Analytics
Newbie | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Grippineagle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all,
I am new to all this but completely fascinated and in awe of buildings that have been abandoned.
I've spent a lot of time exploring ruins. Castles and churches. Mainly in the Cornwall Devon area. But I've reached a point where I want more.
I live in Devon and I am now a mum to 1 so don't have as much time to go explore places that could be dangerous or high security.
Only when I get a chance to get a babysitter.
So I would love if anyone can help. A friend an I are having a day on Monday. Where by my little one wi have the day with her dad. Can anyone recommend anywhere preferably the mid Devon South Devon are?
Cheers guys!

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the site! People probably won’t recommend any locations instantly as you haven’t contributed anything to the site. Best bet to find some suggestions is the search box!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

Seffy

Bally up!
Regular User
Welcome to the forum!
As mentioned above - have a good search of the forum using the search function. Granted, there isn’t quite as much from your neck of the woods as there aren’t as many people down there doing this, but there are some threads I can assure you!

Grippineagle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the site! People probably won’t recommend any locations instantly as you haven’t contributed anything to the site. Best bet to find some suggestions is the search box!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!
Thanks lovely. I shall have a read of these.

Scoobysrt

-- .- -.. . -.-- --- ..- .-.. --- --- -.-
28DL Full Member
Walks, not explores, don't put other lives at risk and im sure you be fine.

Grippineagle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Walks, not explores, don't put other lives at risk and im sure you be fine.
I wouldn't dream of it. We are only interested in going for anywhere that's walking distance and no one else about.
Though after doing my food shop today you'd never guessed there was a second lockdown.
Thank you though.

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
I know what you mean, im in the peak district and I can't move for tourists.
We have to give the normal warning out to new people to discourage upsets down the line, I look forward to seeing your shenanigans.

Grippineagle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know what you mean, im in the peak district and I can't move for tourists.
We have to give the normal warning out to new people to discourage upsets down the line, I look forward to seeing your shenanigans.
Absolutely. Thank you.
I've been following the Facebook posts for some time.
I've tons of pictures of the cheese houses in Cornwall and berry pomeroy Castle. But wasn't sure if that's what you guys like as its not hidden away.

Thank you for your messages though.
I really do appreciate the warnings and advice.

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
If you've explored somewhere we're happy to see it covered nicely whether its a hidden ww2 bunker or a local dentist. If its interesting post it up. The running joke is your local carpark or ditch probably won't go down too well lol.

Grippineagle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys. So I went to two locations today and I shall put up a post in a little bit (maybe tomorrow when the little ones at nursery).
I will edit one or two pics as inorder to get the desired pick the name of the place is on it. So I shall blurr and block out. Is this correct? I have to say I had a lot of fun. And will definitely do some more. Also realised I'm not as ballsie as I use to be so shy'd away from asking questions from people. But one step at a time.
If I post I am open to critique as I will want to make sure I've done it right. Any pointers will be fab. Thanks.

Grippineagle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you've explored somewhere we're happy to see it covered nicely whether its a hidden ww2 bunker or a local dentist. If its interesting post it up. The running joke is your local carpark or ditch probably won't go down too well lol.
Only just seen this response. I shall be busy then. I've viewed a few places.