Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Newsome Mill - Huddersfield - Nov 2016 | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Newsome Mill - Huddersfield - Nov 2016

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Access was a bitch anyway, but it looks like Newsome is a write off now.

From the article:
A blaze that tore through a four-storey former textile mill in Huddersfield was "suspected arson", police have said.

The fire was reported at about 04:50 GMT, according to West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service.

John Holmes, who lives nearby, said the noise of the roof bursting into flames and the floors of the mill collapsing woke him up.

Ian Bitcon, from the fire service, said it was "a very substantial and established fire".

The service would be present at the site for the rest of the day, he added.

Det Insp Mark Walker urged anyone who saw "suspicious activity" in the area to contact West Yorkshire Police.

A fire service investigation is under way and has already provided police information about suspected arson.

Ruth Street, in Newsome, Huddersfield, is still closed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38009820

Mr Beady

Over 8
Regular User
Access couldn't have been that much of a bitch. There were about ten kids flying in and out of a large hole when I last went a few months back.

dweeb

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shame, was a lovely mill. It's been sitting there for so long though I guess it's inevitable.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Alright that's fair haha, access was a bitch when I last popped up for a look about 18 month ago!
That was before someone knocked @8ft of Blocks out of the back wall about 6 months ago. It had always been well defended on my previous random visits over the last few years.

The floors are probably safer to walk on now ironically :eek: